The ear piece on my 8100 crapped out, *so I had no choice but to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

got a new 8110, questions and comments...

Advertisement

The ear piece on my 8100 crapped out, *so I had no choice but to get a new device. *I was eligible for an upgrade and got a super price on an 8110. *I really like some of the updates on the 8110. *One thing I noticed that is kind of weird are some of the setting for the browser. *I have the default font size and minimum font style both set at 6, *but it appears that the fonts are larger when I view some web pages. *I have the minimum font size set at plain and default view set at column. *Same setting and web pages that I have viewed on my 8100. *Is this how the updated blackberry browser works? *

My 3rd party applications (softreset, *pacman, *google maps, *blackjack and stock viewer are in a separate applications folder on the home screen. *Is this a new update? *On my 8100, *the 3rd party applications were scattered on the home screen. *Also, *the 3rd party apps icons seem huge compared to the other icons on the home screen. *Is that how they transferred over to the new device?

And last but not least, *my file total is 58,195,968 and file free is 17,000,000 . *The file free on my 8100 was about 65,000,000 and I also had low to mid 20,000,000s file free. *This is lower than what I had on my 8100. *I did delete some unwanted languages and apps. *Anything else I can do to increase the memory? *thanks!!!

shftatsix no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242CE81D

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i have to agree (after doing some testing myself) that the new browser has some confusing settings... do you have the options/general options settings to 'blackberry browser' or media net?

the theme you are using is causing the apps to have their own folder. if you switch the theme, it will be different. the apps being in their own folder is theme controlled.

here is another thread that will help with memory leak issues. i would recommend downloading the 8110 OS from ATT and running app loader after the installation, with the BB plugged in.

The setting is on blackberry browser or internet browser based on what you are referring to. Like you said, the new browser does have some confusing setting. I can't figure out why some of fonts are bigger when my settings are on the smaller font sizes. Maybe it's just the way the new browser works?

I am using the AT&T theme. I basically used the same theme before on my 8100, but it was the old Cingular theme. I guess it is not a big deal that the 3rf party apps are in a separate folder. Hopefully others will chime in.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i'll have to steal the 8120 from the hubby when he gets home and fiddle around with it

do you have the minimum size font set too?

have you tried to move those apps out of the folder? select the app in question (bbm) click menu/move and move it to 'ON TOP OF' of the folder icon ... should move it out to your homescreen (sorry, forgot you could do that )

I have the font sizes for the browser set at 6.

How do I delete the PTT application? When I am on the home screen and do switch application, it shoes up there. There is also a small blue dot at the top of the screen which I think is for PTT.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i'll have to steal the 8120 from the hubby when he gets home and fiddle around with it

do you have the minimum size font set too?

have you tried to move those apps out of the folder? select the app in question (bbm) click menu/move and move it to 'ON TOP OF' of the folder icon ... should move it out to your homescreen (sorry, forgot you could do that )

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC
    Enabling HTML tables in the browser settings can cause larger fonts on some pages...disable this option if checked and see if that's your problem.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

I have these checked off under my browser configuration...

prompt to enable javascript
    use foreground and backfground colors
    support style sheets

show images: on wml & html pages
    emulation mode: blackberry
    content mode: wml & html

These are all the same setting that I used on my 8100. I am still puzzled.

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    Enabling HTML tables in the browser settings can cause larger fonts on some pages...disable this option if checked and see if that's your problem.