Every time I manage my programs within the RIM Desktop Manager it wants to remove ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Google talk and RIM Desktop Manager

Advertisement

Every time I manage my programs within the RIM Desktop Manager it wants to remove Google talk and the Daylight 2007 patch saying that they are unrecognized. It forces removal whether I modify my programs or not.

Anyone else seen this problem? I installed both of these through the PC web install using IE7 (grrr. No FF2 support).

I am only vaguely familiar with 'service' books so far. Is it an issue with device not receiving the service books for these two applications? Perhaps IE7 blocked the data?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Google talk and RIM Desktop Manager

does it actually remove them or just tell you it's going to? my dm says the same of the patch but it's still there.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374

After you axtract those apps to a file and upload them to your BB do not earse them from the file its should not to give you that sign

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Actually both of those apps are web install only, they also tell you to speifically NOT use the Desktop Manager with these two files.

However, if anyone has been able to get an .alx for Google Talk (doubtful), that would help.

zerof no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same auto-uninstall problem with googletalk but not the dst patch. So I had to get ggtalk installer OTA after running application loader every time.

Now I switched over to jivetalk for ggtalk and aim. So now ggtalk is permanently un-installed.

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

/bump

Thanks zerof. If like to stick with the official thing if I can as I don't have any use for the additional features that the multi IM
    clients include. The less stuff I won't use the better, imo.

Anyone else have any ideas or have things they have done?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~