After installing T-Mobile .107 and the newest version of Google Maps, every time I start ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ajsaj no está en línea Stack level 1

Google Maps Requiring Bluetooth Connection on 8100

Advertisement

After installing T-Mobile .107 and the newest version of Google Maps, every time I start Google Maps I have a request from Google Maps to enable my bluetooth connection. I do not have a Bluetooth GPS receiver that I have ever paired with my 8100. It is annoying to have to shut off the Bluetooth connection after every time I use Google Maps. How can I stop this from happening? It never happened before the upgrades. Thanks!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Google Maps Requiring Bluetooth Connection on 8100

Do you have bluetooth turned on?

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

I have that same problem...even though I have a gps receiver there are times when I just wanna use google maps without it and it keeps asking me till I enable it (bluetooth)...annoying. Haven't found out a way around this...hope they fix this issue.

I have Bluetooth shut off to save battery since .107 makes my battery life shorter. I just want to use google maps without the prompt coming up.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

The problem is that some time earlier you did select to use a GPS receiver.
    It happened to me once allready, but I fixed it doing a batt pull. I don't know why if you select the use bt GPS option it will stay that way until you rebooth your device.

I've pull the battery regularly on my pearl, and that has not helped the situation at all. In fact, I just got a replacement pearl for another issue, and the new pearl I received does the same thing as my old pearl. It seems to be a google maps software issue. I have tried to not allow google maps to access BT through the firewall, but that does not change anything it seems. Thanks for the suggestions!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Let me correct my grammar to I have pulled my battery regularly...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't understand why your having that problem, I seem to have no issue at all with it. I've never even been asked to use a Bluetooth receiver. I would try the settings in google maps, and see what you can find

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~nevermind, there are no settings... I'm sorry. I'm lost then.

I've tried different settings on my BB and I still have this annoying prompt. If I click "No" it just keeps popping up every few seconds. I love Google Maps, but I may have to try something else because of this annoying popup! Any other suggestions anybody?

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ajsaj
    I've tried different settings on my BB and I still have this annoying prompt. If I click "No" it just keeps popping up every few seconds. I love Google Maps, but I may have to try something else because of this annoying popup! Any other suggestions anybody?
    BBmaps is really nice...mapquest is also very good. Those are the two I use.
    I guess for google maps once you set it for gps (thats when I noticed it started with the pop up) it thinks you always want to use it, I'm sure it will be fixed in the next release but who knows when that will be.
    Last edited by VeryBerry; 09-20-2007 at 03:48 AM.

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    BBmaps is really nice...mapquest is also very good. Those are the two I use.
    I guess for google maps once you set it for gps (thats when I noticed it started with the pop up) it thinks you always want to use it, I'm sure it will be fixed in the next release but who knows when that will be.
    I am seeing the same thing. It seems that in the recent releases, once you use BT GPS it will constantly popup asking you to turn bt on. Yes, I hope they fix it so it will be like BBmaps where you can select to turn BT on or off.

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

As a long time and frequent user of google maps, I've found this annoying as well. My theory was that they wrote the bulk of the app with devices like the Curve and the 8800 that have built-in gps in mind. Can anyone with a Curve tell us if google maps works like this for them? Do you get endless menus asking you to turn on GPS instead of turn on Bluetooth? For us pearl users, it takes what was an awesome application and really degrades its functionality.