Just got a Pearl 8100 from T-Mo, my first BB and data-equipped phone, due to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA

Google Maps faux=GPS, and data while roaming

Advertisement

Just got a Pearl 8100 from T-Mo, my first BB and data-equipped phone, due to be activated on the 1st of April. I have two questions about it:
    First, how accurate is Google Maps's fauxGPS service? Would it be good enough for occasionally finding directions around town?
    Also, if I'm roaming off AT&T, do I still get data, and do I get charged extra?

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    To answer your first question, the cellular triangulation in Google Maps usually places you in a radius around 1700 meters. Which is good for finding local businesses and other POI but don't expect to have it locate exactly where you are, it's usually off by a few miles.

Secondly, yes if you are roaming on ATT while using data you will be charged a roaming fee for it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Good to know. Does the BB disable automatic email on roaming, so you're not unknowingly getting knee-deep in charges?

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was told by T-Mobile that they don't charge roaming on voice or data in the United States.