I have an 8130 with USCC. I had version 2.3.1 of Google Maps installed on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kentcy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318CE18A

Question Google maps doesn't work with voice

Advertisement

I have an 8130 with USCC. I had version 2.3.1 of Google Maps installed on my BB with version 4.3 and it worked with no problems. Since I have upgraded to 4.5 and added Vlingo, the voice search no longer works. Does anyone know if this is a problem caused by the upgrade? Or possibly by the other 3rd party apps that has voice?

The GPS portion of the app works fine. It always seems to know where I am within the radius, but when I try to do a voice search, I either get one of two messages.

1) Google Maps can't connect
    2) Low signal

I get either message when I'm at work, in my house, in my car, or standing outside in plain view. The thing is, that before upgrade I never got that message when I was at work, home, car or outside.

Service books have been resent. I reinstalled Google maps and I still can't get the voice recognition to work so that's why I thought it might be a conflict with Vlingo. Vlingo doesn't have a problem recognizing voice commands.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    Kentcy,
    I only have suspicions. I was using an H700 bluetooth ear piece and ver. 4.3. I got the prompts fine. Then I upgraded to 4.5 and lost my voice prompts. Based on a few other posts on this site and your experience, it seems very coincidental.

PIN/ID
    318CE18A
    Interesting...

rich2468 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You're not alone. I had voice search, too, before upgrading my OS to 4.5, but lost the ability with the upgrade.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fox581 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same problem when upgraded to virgin mobile os try upgrading to the alltell version it fixed the problem for me

PIN/ID
    318CE18A

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fox581 View Post
    I had the same problem when upgraded to virgin mobile os try upgrading to the alltell version it fixed the problem for me
    Well, I finally got up the nerve and set aside some time to try the alltel upgrade. It took quite a bit of time from start to finish, but it works like a charm. I now have my google voice option back and more memory than I think I've ever seen on my BB. Not sure if that will last long with all the apps I'm running, but I've run on half as much memory and never had a problem.

Thanks for the tip!