Re: Google Maps

Advertisement

It's like bologna without the mayo!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    BBjoe, no need to get all mad. We just suggest that gettin a data plans opens a new world. Now if the person chooses not to get it, we don't try to convince him. As to answering his question, it has already been answered in the previous first replys.

BB DOWNLOADS
    WWW.*****.COM

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ill remind one more time. With out a data plan there are a few things you can do with your phone. You're really limited. About maps, you can't use it with GPS with out the internet. And so far there aint no other way but internet or data plan.

BB DOWNLOADS
    WWW.*****.COM

adelina no está en línea Stack level 2

I got the BB data plan to download opera mini, Google maps, the gmail app, some weather thingy then cancelled the BB data plan and got the $5.99 t-webs thing and those apps work just fine. I can sacrifice not getting my email automatically and just checking my gmail app whenever i feel like checking my email and saving $14 a month. I also like how my batter lasts forever now that I dont have the email push thing.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by adelina
    I got the BB data plan to download opera mini, Google maps, the gmail app, some weather thingy then cancelled the BB data plan and got the $5.99 t-webs thing and those apps work just fine. I can sacrifice not getting my email automatically and just checking my gmail app whenever i feel like checking my email and saving $14 a month. I also like how my batter lasts forever now that I dont have the email push thing.
    what i was getting at is that opera mini, google maps, gmail app - they can all be done on a RAZR in high resolution w/out an expensive bb data plan. its less to tote and the phone conversation quality is better and the reception is a tad better. and it costs less to buy.

i love the Pearl as much as anyone, but i don't recommend it if you aren't going to utilize it.

sounds like all of the "BB w/out data" peeps are doing it to save $$ - which is fine - but there other more efficient and cost effective ways of doing the exact same things. i've had the RAZR V3xx, i know from experience.

if i have offended anyone, please accept my apology. just trying to offer a little insight

adelina no está en línea Stack level 2

I had a RAZR too but flip phones are annoying to me. The best phone ever was my SE K800i (dont kill me all you BB lovers). But it was stolen and I dont want to spend another $400 on a new one. I've been testing out a few phones since my phone was stolen and after almost wanting to kill myself after using the Samsung D807 (i HATE that phone) Or the SLVR (I only kept it for 1 day and couldn't stand it) This one is the only one i've found where the menu doesn't suck and it doesn't look hideous. It has everything I need, I can get online, I can send text messages, I can read my email and I have an mp3 player. The camera's not great but I'm happy with it.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

it is indeed the best all-around imho. why can't all phone menus be as simple as the BB?!?

bbjoe no está en línea Stack level 1

A Razr? That phone's PIM sucks, uses a number pad for data entry, etc, etc. You are recommending a toy. I use my 8700 more as a phone/PDA. It must do certain things such as allow detailed note taking and synch with Outlook and Quickbooks. My business oriented needs do not require me to constantly be on the grid.

I weighed in earlier because it just cracks me up that some people seem to think that if you don't have your BB connected to the internet you are somehow unworthy to even own one.

I use one because some of it's features suit my needs. Someday if in my mind it is justified I will, with a simple phone call, link up. Currently my laptop and desktops satisfy all of my web needs just fine.

Peace.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

I think my trips to starbucks cost more than my bb data plan :|

Silanieito no está en línea Stack level 1

i have a $20 (actually $19.99) UNLIMITED data plan from TMO.. stop being stingy! u won't regret it.. promise =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12