Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have lately been seeing advertisment for google maps for blackberrry, i dont have a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

berry wiz no está en línea Stack level 1

Google Maps

Advertisement

I have lately been seeing advertisment for google maps for blackberrry, i dont have a web browser plan with tmobile, is there any type of google maps i can get without gps? and can it be downloaded from the internet and then loaded through the desktop manager? i am really keen to get these maps, so if anyone knows anything about it please let me know, thanks all

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Google Maps

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I aint sure but I doubt there's a way to download and use it with out a data plan.

BB DOWNLOADS
    WWW.*****.COM

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Quote Originally Posted by berry wiz
    I have lately been seeing advertisment for google maps for blackberrry, i dont have a web browser plan with tmobile, is there any type of google maps i can get without gps? and can it be downloaded from the internet and then loaded through the desktop manager? i am really keen to get these maps, so if anyone knows anything about it please let me know, thanks all
    Without a data plan, you're not going to be able to use Google Maps. Everything associated with Google Maps depends on network connectivity.

Sorry.

sinclairpix no está en línea Stack level 1

Nope.. hafta have a data plan... I have to wonder, thought, why you'd have a pearl without a data plan. Seems like google maps would be the least of your limitations

bbjoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Google Maps

Many of us do not have data plans. I for one refuse to pay the current high prices. Yet I still find my 8700 synched with Outlook and Quickbooks a terrific tool for managing my business.

So when people ask if it is possible to do things without a data plan, answer if you know, but don't waste space, or time, wondering aloud why other people do what they do with their devices, that's out of your control.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by bbjoe
    So when people ask if it is possible to do things without a data plan, answer if you know, but don't waste space, or time, wondering aloud why other people do what they do with their devices, that's out of your control.
    bbjoe its highly perplexing to pretty much everyone on this forum why you would even have a blackberry and not have a data plan. granted there are some valid circumstances, but saying that you don't have data because the prices are just too high is well hmm just odd. RIM is eight million customers strong for a reason - if you need the services that a BB is intended for the price is very reasonable. but if you just want to talk and txt a little and use a calendar and a phonebook, maybe you should look at a basic phone and not a full-fledged device like a BB. just a thought - not trying to offend or start anything

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle
    bbjoe its highly perplexing to pretty much everyone on this forum why you would even have a blackberry and not have a data plan. granted there are some valid circumstances, but saying that you don't have data because the prices are just too high is well hmm just odd. RIM is eight million customers strong for a reason - if you need the services that a BB is intended for the price is very reasonable. but if you just want to talk and txt a little and use a calendar and a phonebook, maybe you should look at a basic phone and not a full-fledged device like a BB. just a thought - not trying to offend or start anything
    Yeah, it's like getting a brand new computer with no internet service. You'll be playing solitaire until u get bored to death, lol. Just a sour joke ok.

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Computer and no internet? That's just scary. Can't image that.

BB DOWNLOADS
    WWW.*****.COM

petersjh no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242954AA

Thats just like getting black without the berry! Get a data plan my friend, it will open a whole new world!

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Computer and no internet?
    That's a typewriter, right?!

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Lol maybe.

BB DOWNLOADS
    WWW.*****.COM

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by 2-4Trippin
    That's a typewriter, right?!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, nice one.

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

omg these jokes hahaha

bbjoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle
    Baseballkyle,

Just don't you, or the "pretty much everyone on this forum" that you think you speak for, worry about what devices I own (or should own) and how I choose to use them.

If you have answers to the questions posed, then dazzle us with your brilliance. Otherwise I would suggest that you could start a separate thread that asks the ultimate question it seems this forum may have been set up for...

Can I tell everyone how I do it, because once they’ve heard, why would they ever do it any other way?

Or maybe…

I have a data plan but no answer to the question. Why did I even enter this thread in the first place? (goto previous question suggestion)

Endless loop, I guess you'll be stuck here for a while.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

LMAO. brilliance? i really think that having a BB w/ no data is truly brilliant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast