I have posted before but have not solved the problem, running bb maps now.. but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tobbek no está en línea Stack level 1

Google map problem...

Advertisement

I have posted before but have not solved the problem, running bb maps now.. but I also want to install google maps.. but I have never got it to install.. when I go to.. www.google.com/gmm in my BB browser and click the link "download googlem maps for 8100" It says:
    Error: Invlaid manifest or applicatrion descriptor.

The "MIDlet-Name" attribute is missing.

I upgraded my phone today with the latest 101os.. but It made no difference??

Any one know what can be wrong? I have erlier got the tip to change the Emulation Mode under Browser configuration, but I can´t choos anything there then Blackberry that is default. And I have tried to clear history and cache and removed the battery and so on..

Is there any way to download it to the computer and use the desktop software to install google maps instead?

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Google map problem...

the fact that all you have to choose from in emulation mode is blackberry is odd in its self. i've read all the threads about this error and they all seem to say that something is wrong with the site in which the app is being dl from.