so I loaded up latitude and I am unable to login to it! I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85

google latitude on 8100

Advertisement

so I loaded up latitude and I am unable to login to it! I have a gmail account so that shouldnt be a problem.
    I type in my account info and then send it and it says login failed. any ideas? I have a few friends that I would like to be able to keep in contact with, so latitude would be great to have. is it time to just upgrade the phone? ( new phone) hae I reached the limits of the 8100? lol come on give me a reason to buy a new one!
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

fjl307 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did you type user@gmail.com or just user?
    I think it wants the full user@gmail.com, see if that helps.

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I actually installed it on my 8100 yesterday. I was able to login without a problem. However, I have noticed that the 8100 just doesn't handle the newer versions of Google Maps that well anymore. I think the device is just not fast enough, both in terms of processor speed and network (EDGE).

Sometimes I find it best to wait like 20 seconds or so for Gmaps to load initially (basically after the map loads and the hour glass disappears), before pressing the menu key to do anything, including to login to Latitude. Try just giving the device some time between commands when using Gmaps.

Also, my device seems to 'level out' at about 17-18 megs free memory. It is possible your memory could be low.

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh yeah... I had a Bold for a while, but returned it because I realized I did not want to spend that much money for it, and decided to wait for the 89xx.

Anyway, when I had the Bold, Gmaps definitely responded faster. So, if you want to go for a new device, I would definitely support it!

PIN/ID
    24133d85
    I type user@gmail.com then my password for that account.

I'll try a battery pull to see if its a memory issue, and also wait for a few mins. after loading Gogmap's and see if it works
    I am actually lookin into a curve, but its a few months away from now.

thanks fo rthe help
    FP
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

PIN/ID
    24133d85
    no dice...batt pull , wait after app load, even reinstalled nothing......
    any ideas?

synthalo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c93ad
    I installed it and didnt have a problem. My friend installed it and she had an issue with it just force closing. I love the program and think it a great addition to google maps.

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Do have a second google account?

And do capitalize the first letter? Try lower case and capital.

PIN/ID
    24133d85
    no dice...... well this SUCKS! and theres no help section in the app for something like this

everything else works fine, the maps load up no prob, even the voice search works great, I just cant load latitude WTF?
    Last edited by firepiper; 02-08-2009 at 05:52 AM.

bulletproof6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2407D87C
    I cannot get this to load on my 4.5 8100. Every time I click the link it takes me to this page http://m.google.com/maps?hl=en&dc=gorganic which is supposed to be the download page I click the visit now link and it takes me to the google search home page. I'm usually pretty savvy with this kind of stuff but I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~