Hello, my fellow Pinstackers! My husband has taken my Pearl (8100) since I upgraded to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ericnmegmom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24498E10

Google Calendar with no data plan?????

Advertisement

Hello, my fellow Pinstackers!

My husband has taken my Pearl (8100) since I upgraded to a Curve (8320). He really doesn't want the BB data plan with T-Mobile for just synching his Google Calendar to his Pearl.

Is it possible to synch Google Calendar without a data plan? I have searched the threads and can't find anything that quite fits this answer. Your help is extremely appreciated.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well i have verizon and you HAVE to have a data plan in order to use the phone. i am not 100% sure but tmob might be the same way

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes, you can, but need to jump through a hoop or two. You need to use Outlook, and the new Google Calendar Sync for Outlook. Install the Google Calendar Sync, set up how often you want to refresh the sync, then simply sync Outlook through the Blackberry Desktop.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i am thinking that he wants to do it wirelessly though

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    No way to do it wirelessly without a data plan. The Google Sync application requires a data plan. The best you can do is to set Google Calendar to send SMS reminders about events, and use Google Calendar SMS service to send new appointments to the calendar, but if one of those appointments changes, not much you can do without data.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea but can you even get a tmob blackberry without a data plan?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    yea but can you even get a tmob blackberry without a data plan?
    If you are purchasing it new, and signing a 1 or 2 year contract, then no, as terms of the contract pricing, they require a data plan, all the carriers do. But if you got it from ebay, purchased it at full price, or got it hand-me-down (as in the case of the OP), then you can put whatever plan on it you want.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    lol there is always a catch. you gotta be careful with those ebay phones

Joe's BB no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can get a BB from T-mo without a data plan but you have to get a Blackberry Feature Enabler that is free. This will allow you to SMS and MMS on the phone without a data plan. I just got my BB about a month ago and did not go with the DP because I wanted to try it out first if I didn't like it I was going to pass it on to my son but it looks like he will not be getting it I fell in love with my BB. The only way he might get it is if I go to the Curve!
    Hope this helps.