Hi, I have finally decided to let go my Pearl for a 8700g. The Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

senna174 no está en línea Stack level 2

Goodbye Pearl....

Advertisement

Hi,

I have finally decided to let go my Pearl for a 8700g. The Pearl is unfortunately locked to the Rogers network only and am letting it go for $300 CAD. It is about 3 weeks old and still has all original parts + a screen protector. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks.

-V

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Very wise imho senna, what did you have before the pearl?

cybersmoothy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206792FB
    I was torn between getting the 8700r or the pearl for weeks. I see you came to the same conclusion as I did....

YMark no está en línea Stack level 3
    I came to the opposite conclusion. Didn't want to carry a brick around with me. Good luck with your choice, I hope your new one serves your needs.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cybersmoothy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206792FB
    It also depends on the environment you are using it in YMark. As I use mine mainly for business purposes...the 8700r better suits my purposes with the ease of typing many many emails... Senna I'll send this link to a few friends of mine who were looking to buy themselves a "rogers" pearl for xmas...good luck.

tony597fittr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B9B8D
    When I was deciding on which BB I wanted/needed it was a hard choice. I went with the pearl since I dont use it for buisness, it is my personel, so I am not e-mailing alot during the day. If I had to use my BB for buisness and had to e-mail alot at work, I would have went with the 8700.
    If it was me, I would keep the Pearl for awile and then when the 8800 comes out go to that one. A little bigger than the pearl but with full qwerty. It is supposed to be out soon. I bet right before X-mas.
    Good Luck

senna174 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had a Nokia 9300i, HP rw6828, HP 6915 and finally fed up with them and went to a BB. I use a 8703e in the US and love it. I chose the Pearl for using it in Canada mainly was because it was new.....mistake.

I played with the 8800 last week while doing some work for RIM in Waterloo. It is a nice device but I would stay with my 87xx series and I swear by it. I wouldn't make a jump to the 8800 just yet since ....... I always enjoy the latest and greatest technologies and my wife gives me 10% of my earning to mess with technology each month which makes my life a lot happier. However, with that said, I still wouldn't invest into a 8800 yet. This is only MHO.

archangelugp no está en línea Stack level 1
    the only thing that I haven't liked so far about the 8100, is that it seems like my reception is worse then before... just slowly waiting for someone to find a fix for it. But for now, size does matter lol