Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by gritsinct Very glad you're happy with your G1 - it looks really ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

NOID no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2423EC62

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    Very glad you're happy with your G1 - it looks really cool. But I really don't think it is 8220s as a whole that are lagging, as mine is running really well, and it sounds like others are having good luck too. Add to that the other problems you were having with rejecting calls, etc... It really seems like it was a defective phone.

I'm sorry you didn't give it another chance and ask for a replacement, but glad you found a phone you like!
    Thanks I love the G1 thats what counts

SquirrelRN no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by NOID View Post
    Thanks I love the G1 thats what counts
    I was thinking of just keeping my Curve and then getting the G1, but what is making me nervous is the fact that the battery life on the G1 is suppsedly not the greatest. This would aggravate me because I use my phone for work(have to take call) and having to recharge it every day would irk me.

How's the battery on yours?

michaelp no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am not sure but I see allot of words about the G1 I just got my 8220 and having Sim card problem but i am more than happy to swap it out for another 1 - than to have the issue that the G1 has within the Security Flaw that it has :

A group of security researchers uncovered a security flaw in the web browser portion of Android that runs on the G1. According to researcher, Charles A. Miller the flaw could be exploited when a G1 user is tricked into visiting a malicious Web site. Malicious code on the website could then use this exploit to install software on the G1 that may, among other things, log keystrokes. Google has acknowledged the security flaw and points out that the sandbox-nature of Android limits the damage to a single application. Google has already patched the open-source version of Android and is currently working with T-Mobile and HTC to get the security patch out to current T-Mobile customers.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've heard G1 is a cheap plastic phone, but now you folks have piqued my interest, and when I have the chance I'm going to check it out at the Tmo kiosk in the mall.
    However, am looking forward to getting my Bold from At&t shortly, and don't care about Android whatsoever as I'm RIM for life.
    Glad you've found a phone you enjoy Noid. Google is certainly a force to be reckoned with, and I'm sure whatever they turn out is going to be fantastic

SLVR6 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    G PONG!
    Noid, glad you found a phone you liked, sorry to see you knock on the flip. It does sound like you got a bum device. I would also like to ask the question, what did you truly expect from a device running the same proc and screen as the Curve, with a higher level (bulkier OS)? The flip is meant to be an entry level phone and has a little more RAM than current gen phones.

I am curious to fiddle with the G1, but nothing will get me from my berry!

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3
    Lol......let them hear that...lol.....they will go crazy when you show them the bold
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    I think I may swing by my neighbor T-Mobile Dealer and see if they have them in. I've been wanting to check one out and see what all the hype is out about..

Then I'll let them check out my bold when I get it next week.

dsears33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30bc7eec
    I actually had the g1 and returned it, before that I had an 8320.....Now I have the 8220, giving it a test ride, so far everything seems ok. Doesnt have the same response as the curve but that could be the software......just have to upgrade the os when the new one shows its face.

dsears33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30bc7eec
    the g1 had alot of dropped calls, some of the tmo employees said they had the same problem with it. I also thought the slide was pretty shotty at best. Maybe the next one will be more solid.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234