Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by SquirrelRN I have to say, I'm finding the Flip to be a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelRN View Post
    I have to say, I'm finding the Flip to be a poor decision on my part. The stupid thing keeps doing this weird thing with a clock on the screen and everything will just go black when I'm reading an email etc. I've never had a new phone, especially a BB, be so annoying and frustrating right out of the gate.
    what do you have the backlight timeout to?

the clock is a setting within the alarm/clock settings.

SquirrelRN no está en línea Stack level 2
    It's not the big clock..it's almost as if the phone keeps resetting itself. The screen goes black, then white with a tiny little square in the center that looks like a clock running. I've also gotten various error messages. One said something about the clock and the other one was a Java exception.. very weird and frustrating.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Noid, you've got to be kidding. Squirrel, exchange your handset

sesso no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319F766D
    a kid i know has the g1. It looks alright but i i dont like the slider and he was worried that its gonna break.

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'll admit, the G1 looks pretty spiffy, but I stay far, far away from anything Windows Mobile.

Although the 8220 isn't exactly all it was cracked up to be, it's still a pretty cool phone, and the Javelin is right around the corner.

NOID no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2423EC62
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoglinsgal View Post
    I'll admit, the G1 looks pretty spiffy, but I stay far, far away from anything Windows Mobile.

Although the 8220 isn't exactly all it was cracked up to be, it's still a pretty cool phone, and the Javelin is right around the corner.

Yeah I stay away from Windows Mobile too....Funny thing do some research. The G1 isnt a WM phone. It runs off Googles Android OS.
    Last edited by NOID; 10-24-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    yup that it does.. my old boss has 1 and he swears by it and also swaers by his 8220.. he is a die hard bb fanatic and cant believe he is not finding any excuse to get rid of the g1 yet.. so he now has both the g1 and the 8220.. good to be T-mo management...
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

Huh.

I read in a few places that it was Win Mo covered with a fancy new interface.

Do you have 3G coverage in your area? If you do, how is it compared to running off of wifi? The same, faster?

Also, how is the email compared to BB? Is it push only for gmail accounts?

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    2423EC62
    Huh.

I read in a few places that it was Win Mo covered with a fancy new interface.

Do you have 3G coverage in your area? If you do, how is it compared to running off of wifi? The same, faster?

It's not WM believe me. As far as 3G yeah I have 3G its faster, wifi is faster than my 8320 or 8220 was. I'm not knocking BB's. I was all about them. The 8220 really was a disapointment. So I figured I would try the G1. If I hated it I would take it back. But thats not the case.

PIN/ID
    2423EC62
    Also, how is the email compared to BB? Is it push only for gmail accounts?

Thanks!
    Push for gmail. You can set everything else to sync every 5 minutes or more.

Quote Originally Posted by NOID View Post
    Push for gmail. You can set everything else to sync every 5 minutes or more.

Thanks!

I think my biggest beef with the G1 right now is (in my case anyway) having to pay $15 more a month since it's 3G, but being told by T-Mo that 3G won't even be close to me for at least another year.

I'm glad you're happy with it, and really glad it's NOT Win Mo!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    oh wow after reading this thread im not too sure about buying a 8220 when it comes out here in Canada ... oh well time will tell ...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I have not touched the new G1 yet but did have a chance to play around with the new BB Flip the other day. I walked away asking myself "Why" did they do that to the BB? I guess I don't understand what drove them to create that style. It reminded me of the old Motorola Star Tack phone i used to have long ago. It's a BB so it has that going for it but I did not care much for the small form factor.

PIN/ID
    2423EC62
    Thanks!

I think my biggest beef with the G1 right now is (in my case anyway) having to pay $15 more a month since it's 3G, but being told by T-Mo that 3G won't even be close to me for at least another year.

I'm glad you're happy with it, and really glad it's NOT Win Mo!

Do you pay for unlimted text? Well if you do the G1 plan includes unlimited text. So its actually cheaper.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast