Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I packed it up and returned it today. Back to my curve. I have had ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

djenke no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Pink

Goodbye Flip

Advertisement

I packed it up and returned it today. Back to my curve. I have had this phone for 5 days and already has scratches on front and i am the most careful person with my phones. Also battery door is a cheap piece of crap and moves around.Crackling trackball sound an issue too.What really did me in though was the easy scratching on front. Oh well, it was fun trying it out.

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's funny but I noticed the samething with the phone they had at the store. That batter door is something else, very flimsy and makes me feel as though I'd need a few spare ones. It scratches very easily, it took me be surprise, not sure about the trackball for I put it down at that point. Not the strudiest Rim phone but if there is a skin for it I guess that would be ok. Phone not for me though.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I wonder when Best Skins Ever is going to come out with a protection for the Flip. I just posted a link that they are now selling BOLD skins.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Just wait for the Javelin

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Flips aint for us Querty Addicts

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Wow, that's something I didn't know... Sad to know that its that fragile. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    To add a differing opinion - I don't think the battery cover is that fragile. That was my first reaction as well because it is thin plastic - but it is thin, more FLEXIBLE plastic so I honestly think it's going to hold up better than the more rigid backs. Only time will tell.... Mine does not move around at all, so I can't comment on that aspect.

I do wish the front was made of a different material - although I have no idea what would be better and I do like the solidness of it. I immediately put a BSE on the front and inside screen (hand cut, which was a pain in the rear so I'm hoping they start making skins for the 8220 soon), so I have no issues with scratching. But even with the skin, it is still a fingerprint magnet.

Overall, I'm happy with the flip and will give it several more weeks of trial before I am either lured away by the next new BB or decide to stick with it for a while. It's definitely different than my more solid 8120 - but it is a light, responsive, small BB and that is a beautiful thing.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ im about to cut up a 83xx skin to try and put over front/inside.
    i did email BSE last week to find out when they would be making the 8220 version.

as for the OP comment, i have not experienced any of the cheap-ness.

i did, however, drop it on saturday and got a little scratch on the outside screen (can't even see) and part of the chrome paint chipped off the corner (was trying to hold it on my shoulder and talk and it slipped)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    For some reason people seem to think that the thicker the plastic the better. That's not always true. Along those same lines some are being critical because its light. In both cases it reflects a "rush to judgment" as its new, improved, and made from extremely strong durable materials. If it was heavy people would complain about that. I've had mine since day one & I am quite impressed & completely satisfied. Does it scratch rather easily? Yes. But I challenge anyone to name a smart phone that has no faults, is 100% perfect, and sells at the price point of the 8220. Cannot be done. So rather than jump to conclusions after a few days of ownership, why not focus on all of the great features this model has. Its easy to sit back & pick apart any phone. But it's quite another to give it a fair chance to prove itself. I own every current BlackBerry model & find this one to be an excellent addition to the BlackBerry line up.
    sent via BlackBerry
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    let´s wait for the new curve 8900 (javelin)

dsears33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30bc7eec
    I just bought the new 8220, so far its pretty cool.....just was wondering if anyone noticed there flip to be a bit loose.

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    Another goodbye. I packed it up and sent it back. It's really hard to go from Qwerty to SureType, and I just missed my Curve, so sunset 8320 it is! I was going to wait for the Jav, but it's really not going to offer me anything I need. I don't need GPS, and I prefer 4.5 to 4.6, so I'll stick with what I know -- until T-Mob gets a touch screen, that is.

djenke no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Pink
    i too missed my curve...a LOT!!And the full qwerty.I figured i'd give the flip a try.Love my curve more.Not that the flip was SO bad.I did love the features and the look and feel.The curve just sems sturdier to me and again the full qwerty.Just my opinoin.

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yep. I think if the flip had been my first BB, I would've kept it. But going from the Curve to the flip, that's a tough one. It would've made a nice backup phone, though.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Im just excited to see all the new BB that are and will be available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast