Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is a good weather program that i can get to put on my Pearl. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Good Weather Program "That Works"

Advertisement

What is a good weather program that i can get to put on my Pearl. I have BBWeather on my Pearl and it has stopped working. I have tried all the different TCP settings and anything else I could think of short of deleting off my apps lol. I think one of my apps may be causing a conflict with BBWeather, but not sure. I have also tried the push service but it does not have my area. I would rather not have to pay for a service also. Anyone have any ideas. Right now i have some sites bookmarked but it would nice to have a one click service. Thanks in advance.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Good Weather Program "That Works"

My BB Weather works wonders!
    What kinda of problems are you having with it?

PIN/ID
    242949a0

The Dreaded "Open Tunnel Failure". It is so confusing cause it has worked great in the past. I have updated some of my software, like Jivetalk, Google Maps, BBAlerts, Color Your Trackball, Brain Up Game, and some themes. I have also tried 3 different TCP settings and still won't work. I love this little program and now I cannot figure out what is wrong. I am with Cingular and I even called them today and asked for the TCP settings and they gave me the Wap one and nope won't work . So if you have any suggestions please fire away and thanks.

PIN/ID
    STACK

It looks like, you have the same settings and OS. Have you tried to delete it and reinstall?

PIN/ID
    242949a0

Yeah........I deleted it today and reinstalled it this evening and set it up and still the error message. I installed 0.74 not 0.75. But i don't think there is that much difference. Any other suggestions?

P.S. Did you update your JiveTalk to the newest version?

PIN/ID
    STACK

yea, i'm on the newest version of Jivetalk

PIN/ID
    STACK

Does your jivetalk work? You have your TCP/APN setting correct?

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow63
    What is a good weather program that i can get to put on my Pearl. I have BBWeather on my Pearl and it has stopped working. I have tried all the different TCP settings and anything else I could think of short of deleting off my apps lol. I think one of my apps may be causing a conflict with BBWeather, but not sure. I have also tried the push service but it does not have my area. I would rather not have to pay for a service also. Anyone have any ideas. Right now i have some sites bookmarked but it would nice to have a one click service. Thanks in advance.
    If you're still having problems with BBWeather and want to try another weather program...try WXSYS! I've been using it sine my first BB without 1 single problem. Easy to use...easy to install! Give it a try...OTA link:

http://www.wxsys.com/local/wxsyslocal.jad

PIN/ID
    242949a0

Ok here is a weird thing. I just upgraded my OS to the newest one (Rogers) and BBWeather now works. I just do not know why.

UH8ME thanks for the info on the other program. I am going to check it out also.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by shadow63
    Ok here is a weird thing. I just upgraded my OS to the newest one (Rogers) and BBWeather now works. I just do not know why.

UH8ME thanks for the info on the other program. I am going to check it out also.
    LOL!! nice...i might still test out that other one

PIN/ID
    242949a0

Thanks for the help you all.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    If you have a text plan, may I suggest this?
    TWC-text SUB & your zipcode to 42278
    Daily 36 hour forecast for your area. From The Weather Channel.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Quote Originally Posted by UH8ME
    If you're still having problems with BBWeather and want to try another weather program...try WXSYS! I've been using it sine my first BB without 1 single problem. Easy to use...easy to install! Give it a try...OTA link:

http://www.wxsys.com/local/wxsyslocal.jad
    Thanks for the link. Works great. However, its not much of an application -- it's just a weblink. I installed the link, entered my zip, had it call up the browser, then I bookmarked the page, and deleted the application.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster
    Thanks for the link. Works great. However, its not much of an application -- it's just a weblink. I installed the link, entered my zip, had it call up the browser, then I bookmarked the page, and deleted the application.
    yep, i was pretty disappointed in it myself. just a link to a page with fat fonts and a piece of crap low-rez radar (that becomes even more crap when you choose to see the loop - goes to half size). not an app, a weblink. why can't someone, namely MyCast, come out with Pearl weather apps that are worth having?????

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle
    yep, i was pretty disappointed in it myself. just a link to a page with fat fonts and a piece of crap low-rez radar (that becomes even more crap when you choose to see the loop - goes to half size). not an app, a weblink. why can't someone, namely MyCast, come out with Pearl weather apps that are worth having?????
    BBWeather works great. I have no issues with it.

I didn't like that other app either. Too many random stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast