Hey well I got my blackberry from a friend and I went from a Samsung ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cloudxvii no está en línea Stack level 1

Good free AIM?

Advertisement

Hey well I got my blackberry from a friend and I went from a Samsung Blast to this phone.

On the blast, and some other phones I've had, I can sign onto AIM [or msn or whatever]. On the existing chat client on the blackberry I got, I cant seem to sign into anything.
    Thing is, I don't have a data plan and I probably have no intentions of getting one. The other phones used AIM and used texting rather than data. Is there some sort of program that I can throw onto the phone that will allow me to have AIM without a data plan? My other phones never required a data plan, so yeah...dunno about this.

First post, woo

Cheers

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I don't know if there is a good free texting IM alternative to the stock RIM ones, but here's a solution in case you can't find one:

Set your AIM to forward messages to your cellphone. That way, any IMs that anyone sends you will get forwarded to you as a text, and you can respond from there.

I know it's not as ideal as a native AIM client, but I know a bunch of people that do this, and it's better than nothing.

cloudxvii no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oh yeah I already have that going on hahah

I tried using this 'oz' client, but for some reason it gets to 80% [attempts to retrieve buddies] and then says that there is a connection error or something.
    I know something happens because when Im logged on on my computer the message pops up saying 'you're logged in more than once'

...but then Oz fails?