Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

yeah, viva las Aguilas! I did not use emails that much, Main use for my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Americanista no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Good bye Data Plan

Advertisement

yeah, viva las Aguilas!

I did not use emails that much, Main use for my data plan was for the browser since I use that the most for my job. And google maps with the traffic (freeway flow) has been a lifesaver. I guess I will get my data plan back in a few months.
    About that tmo free upgrade. ... why not, I can see tzones coming in handy once and awhile.
    Movie times anyone? hehe
    I

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Wow!! You just made me twitch!! No data, I'd go crazy!

krazyj125 no está en línea Stack level 2

How did you get the internet using Opera mini? Can you give me step by step to make it work. I tried it and everytime it runs the test it fails. Can some one help?

adelina no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Americanista
    Ok so this is the update on what has happened since I posted about being able to have full web access via the Opera w/tzones. .. .

Well come to find out that I wake up yesterday and my Opera would not connect, NP I do connection settings with Opera and nothing.. .. Do a few battery pulls and still nothing . ..

I finnally call Tmo Customer service and I find out that their technical support team found this hole in their system and fixed it . ... mofo's . .. so now tzones will not work w/o a data plan. ..

When I found out I was like /sigh sobs. ... Can you take that off my plan then. .. .

So now I'm "F"ed.

Hope this gives ya a heads up, keep the data plan since tzones "will not work" now.
    So it was your fault!! haha j/k. I was so mad cause I was trying to check the score to a game all night and the next day I said screw it and added the data plan...

djay3000 no está en línea Stack level 2

wow, i would just stop eating out all the time and pay the extra 20!!

mando82 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Americanista
    If texting is what you also like about the data plan, for 4.99$ you can have unlimited texting and still save 10$ extra. I will have to try to see how I can get google map to work. On the opera question, I don't see how you can't just download it via your pc and use your DM to install it.

The only settings I changed on the opera was the color, font, and increased the amount of quality, resolution.

Hope that gives more info

edit. spelling ><
    4.99 for unlimited texting? isnt it 14.99 for unlimited. and 9.99 for 1000 and 4.99 for 400?
    bb internet/email add on is 19.99

or is that price for a special bundle? im confused.

Rochenback no está en línea Stack level 2

why dont you use oprea, i use it and i have no problem, and cingular Data Plan is 30$ to 50$.

portablecow no está en línea Stack level 1

I just feel like clearing some things up...

I am a new Pearl user on Cingular who does not subscribe to BES/BIS. The only data plan I have is the MediaNet Max which basically gives you unlimited data for $19.99/month; the cheapest BIS plan on Cingular is $29.99/month.

What am I able to do with this data plan?
    -Browse the net with Opera Mini
    -Chat on AIM/Yahoo!/GTalk/MSN using JiveTalk
    -Browse maps using GoogleMaps
    -email using GMail

These all work because they are connecting through the APN (everyone look under Option>TCP). If you are having any doubts, I'd also like to point out that I do not have a single service book in my list, its completely empty; I have never subscribed to a BlackBerry plan. These are alternate settings for your BlackBerry to access data without going through any BlackBerry services such as BIS. Interesting eh?

What I cannot do?
    -RIM's own BlackBerry browser
    -MMS
    -Push Email (of course)
    -BB Messenger
    (Basically, any software written by RIM that uses data... see the connection?)

What I'm trying to say is its very possible to have a data enriched Pearl without having to pay for any BlackBerry plan, ESPECIALLY if you do not use push email. The trick is to use thrid-party apps.

It is to my understanding that OS 4.2 introduced this new method of connecting to data services since, as others have mentioned, RIM is targeting a new, wider market; like myself.

Anyway, that's all. Hope this information was useful to somebody.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'll pay the 10 bucks a month extra to have the full functionality of the bb. But that's just me.

bigvo9 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by portablecow
    I just feel like clearing some things up...

I am a new Pearl user on Cingular who does not subscribe to BES/BIS. The only data plan I have is the MediaNet Max which basically gives you unlimited data for $19.99/month; the cheapest BIS plan on Cingular is $29.99/month.

What am I able to do with this data plan?
    -Browse the net with Opera Mini
    -Chat on AIM/Yahoo!/GTalk/MSN using JiveTalk
    -Browse maps using GoogleMaps
    -email using GMail

These all work because they are connecting through the APN (everyone look under Option>TCP). If you are having any doubts, I'd also like to point out that I do not have a single service book in my list, its completely empty; I have never subscribed to a BlackBerry plan. These are alternate settings for your BlackBerry to access data without going through any BlackBerry services such as BIS. Interesting eh?

What I cannot do?
    -RIM's own BlackBerry browser
    -MMS
    -Push Email (of course)
    -BB Messenger
    (Basically, any software written by RIM that uses data... see the connection?)

What I'm trying to say is its very possible to have a data enriched Pearl without having to pay for any BlackBerry plan, ESPECIALLY if you do not use push email. The trick is to use thrid-party apps.

It is to my understanding that OS 4.2 introduced this new method of connecting to data services since, as others have mentioned, RIM is targeting a new, wider market; like myself.

Anyway, that's all. Hope this information was useful to somebody.
    Hi, i am also new to the pearl and also have cingular. so from my understanding, i can still surf the net without the blackberrry plan? are there any limitations like web sites? would yahoo, ebay, google, etc. work? i dont need all of the BB email stuff, i just want to be able to surf the web and if this works i would do it. I did not buy my BB through cingular so my account is not locked to only BB services which means i can still add the unlimited media net.

portablecow no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bigvo9
    Hi, i am also new to the pearl and also have cingular. so from my understanding, i can still surf the net without the blackberrry plan? are there any limitations like web sites? would yahoo, ebay, google, etc. work? i dont need all of the BB email stuff, i just want to be able to surf the web and if this works i would do it. I did not buy my BB through cingular so my account is not locked to only BB services which means i can still add the unlimited media net.
    Yup, all those sites load just fine in Opera Mini with only a MediaNet plan. The trick is to use thrid-party apps for any data. These apps, like Opera Mini, can be loaded via the desktop loader.

I may eventually shell out and upgrade to the BlackBerry plan because push email is enticing (plus I have a premier account so its only $25.49 a month ), but I just wanted to share this information with people who are perfectly happy with the pay-per-use data plans that Cingular offers which is ideal if you just want to do some light browsing via Opera Mini or light email through the GMail app.

Yup, all those sites load just fine in Opera Mini with only a MediaNet plan. The trick is to use thrid-party apps for any data. These apps, like Opera Mini, can be loaded via the desktop loader.

I may eventually shell out and upgrade to the BlackBerry plan because push email is enticing (plus I have a premier account so its only $25.49 a month ), but I just wanted to share this information with people who are perfectly happy with the pay-per-use data plans that Cingular offers which is ideal if you just want to do some light browsing via Opera Mini or light email through the GMail app.
    Thats great! I think I am going to try this. But where did you get Opera Mini? I found one under BB Downloads but the page did not open. Is there anywhere else I can find Opera Mini? Thanks.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I would be very careful with what sites you visit with this process. I have heard horror stories of Cingular customers that followed this procedure and were caught during account audits. Massive Extra Data charges following the audit.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mando82 no está en línea Stack level 2

i took off the data plan as well and added the free mms feature. my browser icon and email@tmo.blackberry.net is still showing. arent these supposed to disappear after i take out the data plan. how do i do it. i did a battery pull and nothing. im using rogers os.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    I would be very careful with what sites you visit with this process. I have heard horror stories of Cingular customers that followed this procedure and were caught during account audits. Massive Extra Data charges following the audit.

Rcbjr.
    What if you don't have a blackberry under your cingular account. On my account right now it is just a regular 3G phone. I bought my BB online. Do they even know that I am using a BB right now?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast