Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I really don't see how you could screw up your phone by using a program ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Americanista no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Good bye Data Plan

Advertisement

I really don't see how you could screw up your phone by using a program that was approved to be used by the BB. I also had a t109 or something like that, and I have seen and used the tmo basic mobile web service and believe me, the BB performs like a champ just the same with the data plan vs tmo web.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~common was the big deal a guy finds a way to save some money that's good for him! With the pearl coming out there is a lot of people who want just the phone and nothing else. As long as they pay for them I think is fine! Is their money

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think tmo web is great the thing is that it works different on phone models and makes: my sister has the samsung t509 and my girl a nokia 6630. It takes twice the time to load a page on the t509. I've put them together.

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Americanista
    I really don't see how you could screw up your phone by using a program that was approved to be used by the BB. I also had a t109 or something like that, and I have seen and used the tmo basic mobile web service and believe me, the BB performs like a champ just the same with the data plan vs tmo web.
    That's nice to know Americanista, if the speed is about the same, then I'm very interested in trying out the $5.99 web access thru Opera Mini.

With the $20 TMO data plan I got a "EDGE" icon in the upper right corner of my 8100 display. This indicated a very good, high speed connection when expressed in capital letters ("EDGE" vs. "edge"). Do you get that icon using the $6 TMO web access plan?

Also- did you ever get Google Maps working under OM?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by 2-4Trippin
    That's nice to know Americanista, if the speed is about the same, then I'm very interested in trying out the $5.99 web access thru Opera Mini.

With the $20 TMO data plan I got a "EDGE" icon in the upper right corner of my 8100 display. This indicated a very good, high speed connection when expressed in capital letters ("EDGE" vs. "edge"). Do you get that icon using the $6 TMO web access plan?

Also- did you ever get Google Maps working under OM?
    Just remember this stuff is working after you discontinued that data plan. I'm pretty sure if you resend your service books it'll pretty much die. That's just my guess. I don't think 20 bucks a month is too much to pay for a data plan. Also remember you lose all your OTA downloads. Just my couple of pennies.

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Just remember this stuff is working after you discontinued that data plan. I'm pretty sure if you resend your service books it'll pretty much die. That's just my guess. I don't think 20 bucks a month is too much to pay for a data plan. Also remember you lose all your OTA downloads. Just my couple of pennies.
    Understood, Reddog. I also heard someone mention you may not be able to resend service books at all, without a data plan. So this scenario remains to be confirmed.

As for the $14 difference, it's not that big of a deal for one account, but starts to add up when you have multiple accounts (I manage 4, $14x4=$56) that just require simple web access.

I also understand that for a student on a very limited budget, this $6 plan may be an attractive work-around instead of using a BB as "dumb" device for just phone calls and organizing.
    Last edited by 2-4Trippin; 05-02-2007 at 11:53 AM.

Ok so this is the update on what has happened since I posted about being able to have full web access via the Opera w/tzones. .. .

Well come to find out that I wake up yesterday and my Opera would not connect, NP I do connection settings with Opera and nothing.. .. Do a few battery pulls and still nothing . ..

I finnally call Tmo Customer service and I find out that their technical support team found this hole in their system and fixed it . ... mofo's . .. so now tzones will not work w/o a data plan. ..

When I found out I was like /sigh sobs. ... Can you take that off my plan then. .. .

So now I'm "F"ed.

Hope this gives ya a heads up, keep the data plan since tzones "will not work" now.

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85

me thinks you might have shot yourself in the foot by posting your new found knowledge here sorry man...... that sux
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

yeah I was thinking the same thing lmao. Oh well next time I won't share :P

Tigiress15 no está en línea Stack level 2

On the upside - You can call T-Mobile (be sure to speak to a PDA rep) and they can now add on a free feature that will still allow you to MMS, IM, browse basic T-Zones (the dl/myacct sections) and download stuff from T-Mobile.

It just came out recently, not sure if they are just gonna add to all BB users that don't have a data plan, but still nice if you wanna be able to MMS w/o a data plan

laydeejj no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tigiress15
    On the upside - You can call T-Mobile (be sure to speak to a PDA rep) and they can now add on a free feature that will still allow you to MMS, IM, browse basic T-Zones (the dl/myacct sections) and download stuff from T-Mobile.

It just came out recently, not sure if they are just gonna add to all BB users that don't have a data plan, but still nice if you wanna be able to MMS w/o a data plan

JUST AN FYI...

I CONFERMED THIS WITH TMO TODAY AND IT IS TRUE YOU CAN NOW GET MMS/SMS AND REGULAR T ZONES IF YOU CALL THEM...IT IS A FREE ADD ON AND YOU CAN ELIMINATE THE $20 DATA PLAN !!

YOU WILL LOSE THE EMAIL AND WEB APPLICATONS THOUGH...

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

As others have said, what is a blackberry without a data plan? I mean the main base of blackberry's is e-mail and you aren't even using it? To each his own i guess.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    As others have said, what is a blackberry without a data plan? I mean the main base of blackberry's is e-mail and you aren't even using it? To each his own i guess.
    I think what we have to realize, and I am a new BB user, is that the Pearl and it's future counterparts are bringing a whole new type of user to BB. The days of corporate email only are gone. It's my opinion that they will have to find a way to make a cheaper plan for those people. I have the BIS and that works for me, I can afford it. To others who want a BB but don't want to pay $30 per month for data, if BB is going to continue to move into that sector, they will have to reach out with a better plan. That's just my opinion though.

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

If I put a non-provisioned Cingular SIM in my Cingular Pearl I cannot even get a phone signal.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

rayul22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2059B4F7

arriba el america

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast