Hey everyone! I currently have the Pearl 8100 which I bought the day it came ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

momma21 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Going to buy new Pearl..Give me your feedback!!

Advertisement

Hey everyone! I currently have the Pearl 8100 which I bought the day it came out through AT&T. I want to get a new one because this one has seen its last days...(my son decided to shove the charger into the side of it, and it bent the prongs so I can no longer charge my phone). I love the size and features of the Pearl so I'm going to stick with that model. But I basically just wanted to get some feedback on what everyone thought about the 8110 vs. 8120. Also, I LOVE pink, so does anyone know where I could get an unlocked pink Pearl for cheap or get mine painted or something? Thanks!!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The Pink pearl only works on CDMA carriers (Verizon, Telus). You might be better off having it painted if you want it pink.

You can use the PC to charge the phone if the wall charger is broken. Or do you mean he bent the USB port? If that's the case, I did that to a 7105t about 18 months ago. Then it won't hold a charge.

I heard on another post here that the 8120 is only for business accounts (?) via AT&T and the 8110 is for personal usage (?).

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I know I have seen the USB ports on the web... They must be replaceable, I guess, but perhaps this is a good reason to upgrade! (I admit that I wouldn't mind getting TMO's 8120... lol ...if only I could afford it.)

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh! BTW! Have you looked oh eBay? That's where I got my 8100, for cheap...

Well I'm just going to buy the new Pearl (8110 or 8120). I work for a dealer that sells AT&T and I have a special plan but since I get a discount on my plan, I'm never eligible to upgrade. I have to buy all my phones at cost, which is still cheaper than retail. So I figure if I'm going to spend money to buy a Pearl, why not spend the extra 100 bucks and get the 8110.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have one question though. Why is one only for corporate and the other for consumer? They're the same. I don't understand.

moblo55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    They sell faceplates for all pearls in a lot of different colors....including pink. If you stuck with the 8100 than you can Download the color pearl ap and make the trackball pink too

Does the ColorPearl app work with the new 8110?? I will be sooo sad if it doesn't. :cry: