Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by HyperM3 ^ I find it hard to sell this phone to high ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: Going to BB Pearl release party tomorrow - Need ?'s

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    ^ I find it hard to sell this phone to high schoolers that come into my place and want the Pearl because "everyone" already has the sidekick. Those are the customers Im afraid wont have a clue how to use the phone to its full abilities and get fed up with it when they cant figure things out.

Alex
    A salesman with a conscience? You might be in the wrong business. Sell, sell, sell, no refunds, exchanges only, sell, sell, sell!

Here, put this little clip on your Pearl:

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/a...closing_BB.avi

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Here, put this little clip on your Pearl:

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/a...closing_BB.avi
    Couldnt get that to work in browser, will it only work on the phone? Newb ?, how do I get it on the phone?

I may have a conscience but its only so I dont get returns. I love to sell, dont get me wrong.

Alex

sandle4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can you please tell us if you heard any confimation that the Peal will be available from Cingular in November ? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sandle4
    Can you please tell us if you heard any confimation that the Peal will be available from Cingular in November ? Thanks.
    Honestly, that was one question I forgot to ask. I was surrounded by T-Mobile corporate and others, didnt want to get kicked out.

However, I just got off the phone with a friend at Cingular. He said they have product training on the Pearl on November 9th. His speculation is that it will be rolled out before the end of the year (meaning December). Yes, it will have the PTT function.

Alex

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

Could you imagine how many updates they would have to do to get the glitches out of that program? Imagine your washing machine goes into sleep mode if you get a call?

Alex
    altho programming it to "vibrate" a la "mad about you" would do nicely . am i dating myself?

eek, i hate to think i'm in the high schooler set. i was on the 8700 and loved it... now the pearl has won my fickle heart... maybe i'm geek chic?

Quote Originally Posted by mm
    altho programming it to "vibrate" a la "mad about you" would do nicely . am i dating myself?
    ... maybe i'm geek chic?
    I wouldnt mind if Belinda was vibrating on my hip either (oh wait, were you talking about the washing machine?)

FWIW - geek chics are hard to come by, dont change for anyone.

Alex

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    They say the users they are targeting do not use cases. This is a true statement. I never see anyone but "workers," tourists and the non-fashion conscious wearing the phone on their belts. All the women carry the phone in their purses without a case or they keep it in a slip case.
    from what i've heard, i kind of consider myself who they are targeting. i am a 22 yr old college student and a former sidekick II user. sounds like they are targeting the people who have the decision between the SKIII and the BB Pearl (that was my dilemma, and i chose the pearl).

maybe this statement about cases is true in general, but i love cases. when i spend that much on a phone, i hate it getting scratched up and if i just throw it in my pocket, it does. true, i don't wear the phone on my belt, but i have a case that i clip inside my pocket. i was also disappointed it didn't have a case, but again, if they are trying to keep costs down, they accomplished that by not including a case.

i'm also very anxious to hear about this unlimited data plan that should rival the sidekick plan with text messages comin in 07!!

thanks for all the info from the meeting!! i learned some things i normally wouldn't have.

Oh, and the other thing I asked about. Why there wasnt a screen over the rear speaker, instead of having to do the drill mod. They said that one of the complaints from the 8700 owners was that the speaker was too loud. Go figure.

Alex

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Couldnt get that to work in browser, will it only work on the phone? Newb ?, how do I get it on the phone?

I may have a conscience but its only so I dont get returns. I love to sell, dont get me wrong.

Alex
    It will work on your phone only, unless you have a PC media player with the proper codecs [don't ask].

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

I wouldnt mind if Belinda was vibrating on my hip either (oh wait, were you talking about the washing machine?)

FWIW - geek chics are hard to come by, dont change for anyone.

Alex
    nice... mine's named Barry

godzilla no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 8100 language

Does anybody know if there an spanish OS for the BB 8100?
    Thanks

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BB 8100 language

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla
    Does anybody know if there an spanish OS for the BB 8100?
    Thanks
    Welcome to Pinstack, Not sure about the spanish OS but someone will be around shortly that knows i'm sure.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    These have already been asked, but I think they are some of the more important questions and concerns that people have brought up:

A: Why is there no grille for the speaker because the little slot on the top does not give sufficent enough sound when using the rear mounted speaker. Unfortunately, it looks as if this same design flaw is going to be presented in the upcomming 8800 series devices, and I am going to be PO'd if I have to drill holes in another new BlackBerry battery cover.

B: Why are the conveince keys mounted so low on the device? Does the RIM R&D department have really small hands? They are too inconviently located causing them to be pressed on accident at times.

C: Video recording...When?

D: Image Stabilizer for the camera? Come on now RIM, lets get on it.

E: No case when they were first released? Whats up with that? I want a refund. Or they should have atleast sent us all free cases or let us take our receipts to the stores when they were released and get a free case.

F: No protection for the lens?

G: Whats up with the Auto Dim appearing on some Operating Systems and not on others?
    co-sign...btw i'm new to this forum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234