Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by sanfrancisco IMHO we ought to say thank you every day for T-Mo's ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bwgregg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C26A9

Re: Going to BB Pearl release party tomorrow - Need ?'s

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco

IMHO we ought to say thank you every day for T-Mo's unlimited data pricing plan. I can see it not catching in the industry and T-Mo migrating to per minute use pricing like its competitors.
    FYI... Cingular has an unlimited data pricing plan.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Hey.... everyone is mum to the majors [press] on sales figures for the Pearl. Give us some inside info. How is the Pearl selling? News, we want breaking news.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    Sanfrancisco: Im sure there will be a big presentation going over a lot of the aspects that make this Pearl stand out among other BB models.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by bwgregg
    FYI... Cingular has an unlimited data pricing plan.
    I know some other carriers have unlimited data plans, but many do not, especially in worldwide markets, e.g., in Europe where T-Mo is headquartered.

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out in the next few years. Look what happened to online access. Remember the days of AOL and per minute pricing and others who had similar plans? Now everything is unlimited DSL and broadband [which providers are trying to change with tiered pricing, pay more = faster connection].

dofelmiert no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C6D0A

~via BB what's with the limited text? (wap.pinstack.com)~

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    [IMG]http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/
    IMHO we ought to say thank you every day for T-Mo's unlimited data pricing plan. I can see it not catching in the industry and T-Mo migrating to per minute use pricing like its competitors.
    yes, but isn't this why we love tmo? i was with nextel, then sprint, then blah blah blah... imo, no one compares to tmo. (like a pc doesn't compare to a mac )... all the more reason for tmo to step up to the plate and give the bb professional more than the best plan out there.

anyway, hope this isn't off too topic, but as alex is a tmo owner/operator, we can't be too far off the thread

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

You guys have been great so far. I look forward to discussing these issues with BB Corporate tonight. Of course Im going to have fun with it but as an owner and a consumer I want to look out for everyones best interest.

(btw-I consider myself a consumer first)

Alex

enderokc no está en línea Stack level 2

for those of you who think tmobiles blackberry service doesnt included unlimited text messages, look again at the plans on the web. I just got the pearl 2 days ago and the the BlackBerry Minutes and Mail. it Inlcludes 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited email, unlimited data, and unlimited text for only 59.99

check it out here: cut and paste togeather

HttP : // www . t-mobile.com/shop/plans/detail.aspx?tp=tb1&id=56263805-e16b-471e-92d7-3ec0885e2004

Quote Originally Posted by enderokc
    for those of you who think tmobiles blackberry service doesnt included unlimited text messages, look again at the plans on the web. I just got the pearl 2 days ago and the the BlackBerry Minutes and Mail. it Inlcludes 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited email, unlimited data, and unlimited text for only 59.99

check it out here: cut and paste togeather

HttP : // www . t-mobile.com/shop/plans/detail.aspx?tp=tb1&id=56263805-e16b-471e-92d7-3ec0885e2004
    While this is true, that wasnt the question at hand. This is a Blackberry plan w/voice and that does include text messages. The Blackberry ONLY plans DO NOT include any text messages.

Alex

enderokc no está en línea Stack level 2

Oh ok sorry, i miss understood.

Ok, well Im back with a few answers and a less than stellar report.

First off, it seems that everyone I spoke to who was with BB at the function has never heard of pinstack or any blackberry forums. They said their web usage was limited and discretely monitored. I was talking to VP's of different operations also so that was a little disconcerting.

Ok, in terms of them not delivering the device with a holster, this really pissed me off. Everyone had the same response, it was about demographics. They all replied with "Does the Razr come with one, does the Samsung sliders come with one?". And I said no but those phones arent from a history of devices that come with holsters. On top of that, neither of those phones are $250USD phones out the door. They said the younger crowds they were going for dont normally use cases, they throw phones in their bags or pockets. And yet, everybody who had a Pearl, had a case that said "blackberry" on it and had the sleeper function.....Hmmm.

For the T-Mo people, there is an update to be realeased shortly that will adress all concerns including the trackball turning off ringtones. Its in the approval process right now.

For those asking why the BB add-on plans dont include texts. I said, if they are going for the younger demographic with this phone, then they need to have a BB plan to affect it (IE: like sidekick plan). I was told that is also in the works and will be revealed sometime in 07.

It seemed that everyone just wanted to show off their phone instead of answering questions about it. Ive never seen so much backlash on a forum over a phone before, then again, Im new so what do I know.

Alex

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

hey alex,

thanks again so much for letting us chime in and sharing the night with us. i'm so glad to hear about the OS update & new plans, and i hope you got some partying in between fighting the good fight

i'm also relatively new to the forum, been on for several months. i think it's not so much backlash, i think that people are just REALLY passionate about their BB's here (myself most definitely included!). but even with the little bugs/no holster/whathaveyou, my pearl is still by far the BEST ever. i can't imagine what RIM will do to surpass it. maybe it will do my laundry?

mm

Quote Originally Posted by mm
    i can't imagine what RIM will do to surpass it. maybe it will do my laundry?

mm
    Could you imagine how many updates they would have to do to get the glitches out of that program? Imagine your washing machine goes into sleep mode if you get a call?

Alex

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Any news/updates on when Cingular will release the Pearl?

Not to toot the horn, but it seems this was as I said it was going to be, simply a festive affair and not an opportunity to go over the device in detail. When you said it was just a one-night event, I knew it was going to be more a celebration and excuse for the execs to party rather than an event where RIM or T-Mo executives would field tech questions and address concerns and gripes.

While their remarks about the Pearl not having a case may frost some people, I did say about a month ago that it probably did not come with a case because a case is an individual choice. Plus, at the price they wanted to keep the phone within, including stereo headphones and a case would increase the costs, so might as well exclude them.

They say the users they are targeting do not use cases. This is a true statement. I never see anyone but "workers," tourists and the non-fashion conscious wearing the phone on their belts. All the women carry the phone in their purses without a case or they keep it in a slip case.

On software updates, sounds about right in terms of prediction: T-Mo will come out with one in mid November or early December.

I disagree that there is lots of backlash on the Pearl. While there may be a few hundred posts on each BlackBerry Forum per day, that pales compared to how many Pearls are out there and how many people are happy with the Pearl because it functions for them just fine.

Aren't you a T-Mo retailer? What is your experience with the Pearl? Are they selling? Do a high majority of the purchasers return the phone for refund or exchange? I would love to know how the Pearl is doing out there in the trenches. Is it as bad as you say it is in here, a backlash?

RIM did not come out with the Pearl to get the 5 million BlackBerry users to toss their current BB and to buy the Pearl.

The Pearl is targeted to the non-professional, non-geek, casual user otherwise known as those 195 million remaining U. S. customers who don't need a BlackBerry for its e-mail capabilities or business uses.

The people they are targeting don't know anything about how the Pearl works, etc. They simply want a phone that makes phone calls, takes pics, plays videos and on which they can listen to music. These users base their buying decisions on how cool a phone looks [hence the phone's form factor and black with chrome case].

Beyond all this, the 195 million users don't use or want a phone capable of running business applications and business e-mail.

So all the talk in PinStack and other Forums about the Pearl falls on deaf ears at RIM and T-Mo [at least talk about business applications and non-tech issues] because the Pearl does what it is supposed to do for the 195 million target market.

Just my opinion and observations.

^ You are completely correct and that basically sums it up. If you wanted the serious business minded BB you get the 8700. If you want the funfest circus included BB you get the Pearl.

Its unfortunate though that they dont know about the forum to at least get feedback from the consumers they are apparently targeting. We geeks try to take things apart and nitpick what we dont like and fix it. We discuss things on forums to find others who have experienced the same thing.

The fact that they mentioned a return rate of the Pearl phone of .75% means its one of the best selling phones for them. That also must mean that most consumers arent using most of the functions built into the phone. I find it hard to sell this phone to high schoolers that come into my place and want the Pearl because "everyone" already has the sidekick. Those are the customers Im afraid wont have a clue how to use the phone to its full abilities and get fed up with it when they cant figure things out.

Alex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast