Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If you can get some of those questions answered that were posted above that'd be ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Going to BB Pearl release party tomorrow - Need ?'s

Advertisement

If you can get some of those questions answered that were posted above that'd be awesome. !

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thanks for this offer HyperM3 we look forward to any info etc you can sponge from this

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    Im not looking to turn it into a bitch session, more of an opportunity to get answers to questions that cant be answered here. Alex
    I did not think YOU were going to the "party" for that purpose, I was more indirectly cautioning other Members that presenting a long list of peeves, likes, dislikes and personal preferences is not the purpose of these conventions.

Is the convention you are going to more of a training session for BB Pearl retailers? Is it a few days, or just one night?

Any cocktails and shrimp puffs?

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

my question, specifically to the TMO reps, is why does the unlimited data plan for blackberry not include unlimited text messages?

i understand the the blackberry is directed more at a business cliental, but if the sidekick unlimited data plan includes unlimited text for the same price, why can't the blackberry unlimited data?

not to be complaining -- i love the pearl, i just would LOVE not having to pay an extra $15 a month for text messages. i'm on a college student budget!

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

alex, i second san francisco's posts on RIM. and thank you for giving us the opportunity to share our thoughts on this. i hope you have fun tonight!

mm

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Sanfrancisco: Its just one night hosted at a hotel. I didnt take any offense, just wanted to make it clear my intentions. Im not entirely sure if it will be a training session but Im sure there will be a big presentation going over a lot of the aspects that make this Pearl stand out among other BB models.

Tecrishon: You do get 300 texts with the BB package. You also get Unlimited instant messaging with your plan so you can try that way to keep in touch. The difference between the two is you can use up to 10 email accounts with the BB package with specifics on how it gets the messages sent directly to it. The SK plan is geared more towards texting and web surfing as opposed to those that need multiple email accounts if at all. Do you really need unlimited or could you pay $5 less and get the 1000 texts which on top of the included 300 would be 1300?

Alex

PIN/ID
    Retired

first, i really wish someone told me that 300 texts were included! (they actually told me that there were no texts included!) so thank you!! the reason i have the unlimited is b/c last month i had send/received 1432. that is not every month, but if i had the 1000 plan, that would be a $43.20 charge (not counting the 300 free i guess). i may drop down the the 1000, because i can try to stay within the 1300 limit, i guess.

i also didn't know IM was included?!? all the threads i have read said they were counted as texts? thats why i installed RambleIM, because it used data as opposed to the SMS.

thank you for the information! $5/month doesn't sound like a lot, but trust me -- it adds up!! haha

jsimms243 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D71EB

What Im talking about is, I want you to ask me any question that has not been answered on this forum to bring to the executives Ill be meeting tomorrow night. So go ahead and start spouting. Ill print this thread and bring it with me.
    Thanks in advance,
    Alex
    One thing I found lacking was the users manual. I noticed that the phone came with thin, vague "hot tips" or "quick tips" and such. There was no users manual that goes into hardcore detail like other phone I've used. The only directions you get are "how to load the battery/sim card/sd card" and "what this button does." Yet you can search online and find a DETAILED users manual for the Pearl totaling around 250 pages in a PDF file.

I'm a pretty techy guy but surely I could learn something from a users manual. For example, I was not sure of the benefits of the "sleep" button on the top of the phone. After finding the 250 page manual online I learned that it is a quick way of locking the keys.

Why did they not include a more detail users manual in the box? Hope this is what you're looking for!

Thanks, Justin

jsimms243 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D71EB

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    my question, specifically to the TMO reps, is why does the unlimited data plan for blackberry not include unlimited text messages?

i understand the the blackberry is directed more at a business cliental, but if the sidekick unlimited data plan includes unlimited text for the same price, why can't the blackberry unlimited data?

not to be complaining -- i love the pearl, i just would LOVE not having to pay an extra $15 a month for text messages. i'm on a college student budget!
    I SO agree! Very annoying!

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Great question I am eagerly awaiting the Cingular pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmike
    Ask them how long their exclusive is for. That mey help in figuring out the release date for Cingular.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

first, i really wish someone told me that 300 texts were included! (they actually told me that there were no texts included!) so thank you!! the reason i have the unlimited is b/c last month i had send/received 1432. that is not every month, but if i had the 1000 plan, that would be a $43.20 charge (not counting the 300 free i guess). i may drop down the the 1000, because i can try to stay within the 1300 limit, i guess.

i also didn't know IM was included?!? all the threads i have read said they were counted as texts? thats why i installed RambleIM, because it used data as opposed to the SMS.

thank you for the information! $5/month doesn't sound like a lot, but trust me -- it adds up!! haha
    I want to stand corrected here. I didnt necessarily give you complete information. I looked into this further and you DONT get 300 texts with the $20 Add-on plan. You only get unlimited web browsing and email.

The 300 texts do come with the Blackberry ONLY plans that are not used with a voice plan.

Sorry for any misrepresentation,
    Alex

PIN/ID
    Retired

its aight. but i still think they should include texts in the unlimited data. even more so now that i know they give you 300 with BB only. i mean, people with voice are giving them even more money!!

oh well.

rudolph sche no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23df36e3

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Here's a question:

Why are they having a release party after the device has already been released?

Shouldn't they name it a Post-Release Party?
    Good question???

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

I want to stand corrected here. I didnt necessarily give you complete information. I looked into this further and you DONT get 300 texts with the $20 Add-on plan. You only get unlimited web browsing and email.

The 300 texts do come with the Blackberry ONLY plans that are not used with a voice plan.

Sorry for any misrepresentation,
    Alex
    definitely want to throw my voice in on this point-- i'm moving up to the add-on plan next month, and the "unlimited data" led me to believe that included texts. that's one of the main reasons i was going for the add-on. i get an unbelievable amount of business texts. perhaps t-mo thinks this type of data is more of a social thing, and therefore doesn't include it?

i think it's a great point to bring up, if you get the chance.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

In a recent article that I posted, but was pulled due to copyright concerns, it mentioned in there that the carriers hope with Smartphones [which the Pearl is] was to make money on the additional services the phones can provide. This is because the profits from cell phone minutes are dwindling due to competitive pricing between the carriers.

The goal and hope is to charge users for a menu of services separate from call minutes. Some of those services include, you guessed it, text messaging. Others are data, "net access," e-mail, etc.

T-Mo, for now, is running the $20 unlimited data plan, plus an additional amount for text messaging. Other carriers do not have unlimited data plans and charge separately for everything. I recall the days when cell phones did not have removable storage chips. So with the camera phone I had, to use it I had to pay sprint $10 monthly for pic uploading/downloading service and $5 additional if I wanted to upload/download video taken with the camera phone.

Maybe someday a competitor or T-Mo will merge messaging into one price for that and BB e-mail/data. But for now, T-Mo is reasonably using text messaging as a source of profits.

I think the biggest concern Members should have is if things degrade to the point that the carriers stop competing with each other on pricing. In other words, a day could come where they all illegally agree to fix prices at really high rates, similar to the oil cartels and some electronic houses.

IMHO we ought to say thank you every day for T-Mo's unlimited data pricing plan. I can see it not catching in the industry and T-Mo migrating to per minute use pricing like its competitors.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast