Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hey all, As a T-Mobile retail owner/operator, Ive been invited to a BB Pearl release ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Going to BB Pearl release party tomorrow - Need ?'s

Advertisement

Hey all,
    As a T-Mobile retail owner/operator, Ive been invited to a BB Pearl release convention tomorrow night in Philadelphia. Being a member of this forum and a gadget hound in general, Im looking to you guys to give me ammo.

What Im talking about is, I want you to ask me any question that has not been answered on this forum to bring to the executives Ill be meeting tomorrow night. Dealing with customers, Ive already got a few of my own (Why didnt they print a manual in Spanish?).

So go ahead and start spouting. Ill print this thread and bring it with me.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Going to BB Pearl release party tomorrow - Need ?'s

Here's a question:

Why are they having a release party after the device has already been released?

Shouldn't they name it a Post-Release Party?

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Ask them how long their exclusive is for. That mey help in figuring out the release date for Cingular.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

These have already been asked, but I think they are some of the more important questions and concerns that people have brought up:

A: Why is there no grille for the speaker because the little slot on the top does not give sufficent enough sound when using the rear mounted speaker. Unfortunately, it looks as if this same design flaw is going to be presented in the upcomming 8800 series devices, and I am going to be PO'd if I have to drill holes in another new BlackBerry battery cover.

B: Why are the conveince keys mounted so low on the device? Does the RIM R&D department have really small hands? They are too inconviently located causing them to be pressed on accident at times.

C: Video recording...When?

D: Image Stabilizer for the camera? Come on now RIM, lets get on it.

E: No case when they were first released? Whats up with that? I want a refund. Or they should have atleast sent us all free cases or let us take our receipts to the stores when they were released and get a free case.

F: No protection for the lens?

G: Whats up with the Auto Dim appearing on some Operating Systems and not on others?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Actually, lemme ask this:

Are there going to be just TMobile executives or RIM executives also?

YMark no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    Hey all,
    (Why didnt they print a manual in Spanish?)
    Why didn't they print a manual in Italian? German? I bought a Vodaphone in Italy a few years ago and the manual was printed in about 5 different languages.

FYI, most people in the US that can only speak Spanish, can't READ it. I'm not sure what the benefit of a manual in Spanish would be. In Europe, a different story.

malcriado no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30505e13

here is one question i want answered......why is it that they say that the pearl can play all these different formats of video, and yet we have to convert the video's to a specific version of .avi to play on the pearl (super C)?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Heh, since we are on the topic of the manuals then, just straight out ask them:

Why do the manuals suck? Like I have said before, getting a BlackBerry for a first time user and looking at the manual, it's pretty much like being dropped off in Bejing with a translation book that only tells you how to say bathroom, hello, goodbye and thank you and then being expected to find your way to the airport, purchase a plane ticket and fly back to the United States.

I swear I think that sometimes RIM employees amuse themselves by logging onto these forums after they release a device and seeing what all simple problems that COULD have been and SHOULD have been covered in a manufacturer manual are arising.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by malcriado
    here is one question i want answered......why is it that they say that the pearl can play all these different formats of video, and yet we have to convert the video's to a specific version of .avi to play on the pearl (super C)?
    AMEN BROTHER!

They could atleast have the courtesy to make a press release or something saying "sorry, we were wrong and screwed up. We are working on it and thank you for bringing it to our attention".

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

i know this has been asked many times before, but when will they fix the trackball issue? (slightest touch stops phone from ringing, making its slim pocket design useless). i believe this has been fixed in a rogers update, when will tmo update us?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What about the 2gb card? It says it can do it but it can't... And when is the new OS for t-mobile coming out, and will it still have the option to turn auto dim off?

Ok, being that Im going to print this out, Id like to keep the topics on point so I dont have 11ty billions pages of opinions on other peoples questions.

I deal with customers in the US and a lot of them speak Spanish. I dont deal with people who speak other languages so therefore, my question about the manual in Spanish is valid. I will ask about the other languages as well.

It is a party hosted by Blackberry for a total of 200 area retailers (at the moment t-mo is the only company to have Pearls) so it will be mostly T-mo reps learning about the device from BB corporate. It is not necessarily a release party as its already been released per se, I guess its more of a "lets all learn about the unit without having to join a forum" party.

Alex

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~N8 do you even read the manuals? Hahaha i know i dont

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Being in San Francisco, there are hundreds of conventions and "parties" held each month. Far as I know, most of them are festive events and not "bit#ch" sessions.

I cannot see you attending the convention and assailing BB officials with a list of gripes, rants, peeves and preferences of the various Members of this Forum. Seems to me such a person would be a real downer [aka NOT the life of a party] and probably ushered out the door by security.

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the Pearl a hit with T-Mo? If so, I can't see the purpose of the convention will be to discuss trying to invigorate poor Pearl sales. Seems to me the convention will be a celebration.

I'd simply like to know that RIM is aware of OS, functionality and form factor concerns by us in the geek community, does take serious our comments, and does take action to address and remedy user negative feedback/concerns.

You might ask if anyone at RIM is a member of these Forums and/or reviews the Sites to see what the community is saying. If no one at RIM is a member, then perhaps you could suggest that someone at RIM be designated to join and monitor Forums like PinStack.

In other words, I'd like to know that "RIM is listening." If I know that, then I would pass on reading them a list of rants, gripes and preferences.

Besides, I like the Pearl. I think it's a damn good design and I cannot imagine redesigning it in some other way that would not simply be my preference over the preferences of others.

Yes, it has some OS bugs, but most OS's have bugs when first released. And time has shown, at least to me, that the Pearl operates pretty much as it should. It does everything it is supposed to do and does it well.

E.g., I was playing music videos at the gym last night. Had my headphones on and I played about 9 videos for 45 minutes while on one of the cardio machines. While doing that, some e-mails came in and the phone rang on a call. At the end of workout I thought "I did all that on a $200 phone."

All I would have to say at your convention is

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Being in San Francisco, there are hundreds of conventions and "parties" held each month. Far as I know, most of them are festive events and not "bit#ch" sessions.

I cannot see you attending the convention and assailing BB officials with a list of gripes, rants, peeves and preferences of the various Members of this Forum. Seems to me such a person would be a real downer [aka NOT the life of a party] and probably ushered out the door by security.
    Im not looking to turn it into a bitch session, more of an opportunity to get answers to questions that cant be answered here. I love these types of parties because instead of simple "how do you change themes" type questions from reps who havent played with a device or read the manual, I can ask challenging questions.

Of course Ill be asking if they read this or other forums to know what the consumers are thinking or asking for. However, if they arent, thats what Ill try to bring to them. Yes, the Pearl is a big hit with t-mo but how often do you go into a retailer and the representative knows less than you do about the phone? That annoys me wherever I go shopping.

Alex

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast