Hi- Is there any way of making my BlackBerry Pearl "sync" with Gmail? That is, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sesro1978 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Gmail Sync?

Advertisement

Hi-

Is there any way of making my BlackBerry Pearl "sync" with Gmail? That is, if I delete a message on my computer via Gmail, is there a way of also having it delete on the Pearl? I did check the box under "Sync" on my BIS site; is that what it's supposed to do?

Any help in understanding this would be great!

Thanks,
    Seth

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Quote Originally Posted by sesro1978 View Post
    Hi-

Is there any way of making my BlackBerry Pearl "sync" with Gmail? That is, if I delete a message on my computer via Gmail, is there a way of also having it delete on the Pearl? I did check the box under "Sync" on my BIS site; is that what it's supposed to do?

Any help in understanding this would be great!

Thanks,
    Seth
    I believe if you go under you "message" folder and hit: menu>option>email reconciliation-- you are then able to select the e-mail account you would like to reconcile and under the "Delete On:" you can choose option "Mailbox & Handheld, Handled, Prompt".

You can also select which device "wins" on conflict (so if they're open @ the same time). You can choose to have the handheld or the mailbox win and receive mail to said device.

Hope that helps...let us know!

Cheers!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

Rob1150 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Google has an application for Blackberry that will sync up all changes between your Blackberry and the Gmail site.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_man33 View Post
    I believe if you go under you "message" folder and hit: menu>option>email reconciliation-- you are then able to select the e-mail account you would like to reconcile and under the "Delete On:" you can choose option "Mailbox & Handheld, Handled, Prompt".

You can also select which device "wins" on conflict (so if they're open @ the same time). You can choose to have the handheld or the mailbox win and receive mail to said device.

Hope that helps...let us know!

Cheers!
    I'm not sure I understand what "reconciliation" does; does this allow messages to be deleted from my email account when using my BB? At the moment I have it set to "On" and to "Delete on Device and Mailbox"; should this do it?

Thanks all!

~Seth

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Gmail doesn't always cooperate smoothly with reconciliation. If you initiate the action from the BB, it usually will delete the message from your gmail inbox as well. Its not always 100% for me, though. It doesn't sync from the gmail site back to my phone, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1150 View Post
    Google has an application for Blackberry that will sync up all changes between your Blackberry and the Gmail site.
    If you have a link to that app, that would be helpful.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

bloock no está en línea Stack level 1
    http://www.google.com/m/products

that is the link to go to for google "Mobile" products. I have been using my gMail account with my BB for a few weeks now and it's has been pretty much flawless. It will actually download a gmail application to your phone. Then you set that specific application setting to how you want it to act. It's pretty slicl.

Quote Originally Posted by bloock View Post

that is the link to go to for google "Mobile" products. I have been using my gMail account with my BB for a few weeks now and it's has been pretty much flawless. It will actually download a gmail application to your phone. Then you set that specific application setting to how you want it to act. It's pretty slicl.
    Does this application work with BlackBerry's "push" functionality or is this outside of that? Does this application use the BB Browser instead? Do you like it better than the "push" BB has?

Thanks,
    Seth

okamosy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2067acbe
    What you need to do is log into your subscriber site xxxx.blackberry.com
    delete your gmail account
    click on setup email account
    enter your email address only (not your password)
    on the next screen, select that you will provide these settings
    select this is my personal account
    click on i will provide the settings
    enter your username and password, and the email server is imap.gmail.com

Hope this helps!

bloock no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sesro1978 View Post
    Does this application work with BlackBerry's "push" functionality or is this outside of that? Does this application use the BB Browser instead? Do you like it better than the "push" BB has?

Thanks,
    Seth
    This is outside of that. This gmail client is it's own separate application that is downloaded. It does it's own check for email automatically (assuming you want it to check automatically, otherwise you can set it to check manually).

It is also separate from any BB push. It is totally separate. You can set up your gmail account like okamosy showed, but I prefer the separate gmail client that way my email messages are completely separate from any messaging or texts that are in my BB system.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Quote Originally Posted by bloock View Post

Oooohh. You're just talking about the Google Mail app. Thanks for the link. Making sure there wasn't something new out there.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.