When I delete email off of my mailbox and handheld, it does not delete Gmail. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rwcohen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CA3A1

Gmail Reconciliation

Advertisement

When I delete email off of my mailbox and handheld, it does not delete Gmail. I have tried to use the reconcile now although I have been told by T-mobile that this is not needed anymore. When I delete from my POP accounts, they are gone. Is there a setting I may have over looked?Any ideas?

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Re: Gmail Reconciliation

A communication error of some sort, perhaps? When I select "delete from mailbox and handheld," it gets rid of the message both on my Pearl and in my Gmail box. What are your settings in your Gmail account, regarding pop access?

rwcohen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CA3A1

My Gmail settings are:Server: pop.gmail.comServer Type: POP3Port: 995Timeout: 30 secondsSSL: checkedThanks for the help

PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Did you use the web interface at my-tmobile or the set up internet e-mail tool on your Pearl to set up your Gmail account? You shouldn't have needed to input all that information into your Pearl, since it pushes the e-mail. If I understand you correctly, you set up a pop account on your Pearl instead of setting it up for push e-mail, which is why e-mails aren't being deleted off the Gmail server.

What you should do is go into your Gmail account, make sure that pop is enabled, then go into your Pearl and use the programme: "Set up Internet E-mail," which will establish push e-mail. It takes 15-20 minutes for it to begin delivering e-mails.

PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm just checking to see if you've any luck.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

docholliday I don'T know what you're speaking about 'cause BB ALWAYS uses push e-mail technology and the only it could have be different is if the gmail is set to be forward to another email address which does not provide any of deleting from the handheld
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

How long are you waiting to see if the gmail messages are gone after deleting them from the handheld? It can takes a few minutes or be delayed.

Are you also logged into your gmail on a pc while doing this? If so they will not be deleted and will remain. You can't be logged into gmail on a pc and also try and delete from the handheld.

if i remember correct?

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

I am on Vzw using GMail and BB Push. My Gmail is automatically pushed to my BB 8703e which is great. I am having the same problem when I choose to delete from "mailbox and handheld" it only deletes from my BB. So the e mail no longer resides on my BB but remains as an unread message in my GMail account if I log on via a PC or web browser. Anyone know how to fix this?