Hello everyone, I have a question about gmail and my 8100. I have several gmail ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

WRC1045 no está en línea Stack level 3

Gmail push and copy on my 8100

Advertisement

Hello everyone, I have a question about gmail and my 8100. I have several gmail address that I have my bb getting emails using bb push services
    (T-mobile). If I am on the computer (outlook or gmail login) and send an email - I get the message I sent on my bb. It's annoying to have to delete those emails. I have tried to set up a filter. in my gmail account. filter to send all emails <from my gmail account> to archieve and skip inbox. I saw on this forum that someone said to hide sent emails? I can not find that option. Also T-mobile does not have a site login, like my old Alltel bb. Am I doing something wrong or missing something.? Thanks for your time. Bill

carson no está en línea Stack level 2
    Go to the message or email folder. Menu ,Scroll down to Options , General Options Hide Filed Messages. Yes

CARSON,
    I do that in conjunction with the gmail filter setting? the instructions you gave are for the bb. that's fine. so can you explain what that exactly does and how. thanks for your time

I still receive email on my bb when I send through gmail

I still keep receiving emails when I send an email from my gmail account. I have the bb automatically receiving emails from a gmail account. I want to receive emails that are sent to that gmail account. Not when I send from the gmail account, either using outlook (pop) or through gmails website. I currently have done the above. I think I still may have overlooked something. I do not send email (normally) from my gmail account from my bb. I just hate to keep receiving emails that I send on my bb and having to delete them from the bb. Any ideas?

Also I have tmobiles .64 update on the bb, prior to that the bb continued to look up and freeze. only a battery pull fix that. tmobile was no help in fixing that. I spent hours on the phone with them and at their corp store. at least finally I have a phone that works. Used to not work at all as a basic phone. funny how technology, like a phone continues to improve but that the original function, a phone continues to be a pain in the rear.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    You need to login to your Gmail account and add a filter so that you dont recieve a copy.

Thanks for the reply

What filter do I set up? I have a filter that says mail from my gmail account goes to archieve and bypasses the inbox? should I set something else? Note, that when I send an email through outlook, it does go immediately to my phone - there is no delay. my bb says it was received using my gmail account. any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Go to Gmail on your PC and go to settings, then filters and add a new one.

In the From: field add your gmail address then on the next page check mark delete.