This might be a noob question, but I have my work email set up with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

akamurph no está en línea Stack level 2

Gmail email question

Advertisement

This might be a noob question, but I have my work email set up with my 8100 pearl (T-Mobile) and my gmail account. When I go to my messages I get both in there and I chose the optioin to 'hide sent messages' in the options. So my work email sent messages get hidden but my gmail ones come back as a new msg. As in, I reply to an email with my gmail account and a 'new' message appears and it's my sent msg.

Is there something I can do so I don't get my gmail 'sent' messages? Or is this set up with Gmail and I can't change it?

Thanks for any help!

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Gmail email question

I think it's a Gmail thing, but it's an easy fix as it happened to me too

go to your BB account setup and configure a new filter. For the conditions, set up a 'From:' condition and put in your email address (ie 'From': your.email.here@gmail.com). and choose not to forward to handheld.

This way, when you write/respond with Gmail, when your message gets sent to your bb account it will see that it is from you (meets the conditions you set) and will not forward to your handheld.

taaustin no está en línea Stack level 2

Odd you should ask... For a while my gmail behaved just fine (didn't show me sent messages). After a month or so I had trouble with GMail (no messages for days). I removed the settings, resent my service books and then reestablished the gmail bounce. Ever since messages come in a timely fashion BUT I also get sent messages.

If you figure it out I'd love to hear the solution.

Terry

thx deeno... another noob question, sorry, will this work if my email settings in my desktop manager are set for my 'work email', not gmail?

I'm adding that rule and trying it out...

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

You set it up through Tmobile.com website (not through gmail). Go to "set up email account" in your Tmobile.com settings, and it should display whatever emails are fowarded to your phone. Just click on FILTER from there and then follow what Mrdeeno said.

Thanks, that did the trick!!

Picasosz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2E96

The other option is to forward your gmail to your blackberry email and send using you BB account and with the BB account you can change the reply to address back to your Gmail account.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

But the "forward & change reply to" method requires just that much more effort to remember to change the reply with account.

And you can't change the sent from account when replying with 4.1 OS.