Anyone know if it's possible to configure gmail so that the BB doesn't recieve all ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cartman13 no está en línea Stack level 2

Gmail - configure so sent items don't show up

Advertisement

Anyone know if it's possible to configure gmail so that the BB doesn't recieve all of you sent items in the inbox? (hopefully i'm not just overlooking the obvious).

But evertime i send a mail it pops up in my BB inbox as a message from me. Didn't see anyone else mention this, so thought maybe there is a way to turn this off?

TIA

confidant no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EAAD8E

Re: Gmail - configure so sent items don't show up

It's been bothering me since the first day I got my Pearl. Absolutely love the pearl but I've been trying to figure this out too. I've asked almost everyone at Cingular and Gmail and there doesn't seem to be a solution because only gmail logs your sent mail as an email as well.

I just ignore it for the most part and delete it. A minor annoyance but I hope someone finds a better solution.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

Poplular question. login to your bis and filter all gmail mails sent from yourself to be filtered out.

Have to kick myself for that one. Such a simple solution. thanks for the enlightenment manapuaman!

does anyone still have the issue (your sent message showing up) when you reply to a message via your gmail account? very odd that the filter doesn't catch it when replying..... okay i wrote this and now i feel stupid. Incase anyone is having this same problem... make sure you aren't testing it against another account that your BB checks. (that's what i was doing and thought my replies were still showing up... LOL turns out it's coming in from the mailbox i was replying to...) just in case anyone is as sharp as I am.......

pearlpearl12 no está en línea Stack level 2

cartman - I tried the same thing - but my messages from gmail are NOT coming to my BB even when I send an email to another account on my BB.

I set up the filter only on the gmail account. So why wouldn't I still receive the messages on my other account?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Did you make sure to enable to POP feature on gmail?

pearlpearl12 no está en línea Stack level 2

No, I didn't have pop enabled. I tried enabling it (not understanding why it would make any difference) and I still dont receive emails (on the BB) sent to my work account from my gmail account.

Thanks.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Having POP enabled will let your BB get the messages. Are you able to send messages from your gmail account on your BB?

deceive no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC31BF

I guess you guys set up your gmail like any other e-mail address?
    I just went to mobile.google.com and installed gmail that way. Puts a nice icon on your phone and I don't seem to have any issue with my sent mail coming back. I guess thats because its not in my BIS, rather than a google service that I installed.

The only thing it doesn't do is tell me or notify me when I have e-mails, but since my gmail account is more of a secondary e-mail address for me, its not that big of an issue.