Hello all, I'm posting this here as well as I have an 8100, and this ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

roastedbagel no está en línea Stack level 1

Gmail Attachment problem

Advertisement

Hello all, I'm posting this here as well as I have an 8100, and this forum seems to get more attention than the 3rd party forum (where there is another thread related to this isssue, but no help in there).

In Gmail (the app), all of a sudden, now when viewing attachments in an email (jpg or .gif) I get the error "sorry, we can't show a preview for this attachment type."

As the originator stated, I too was able to see the attachments just fine, up until yesterday. I was able to open the SAME emails just 2 days ago and see the .jpg's in them, now I too receive that error. Here is what I have tried. I resent my service books, did a battery pull, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled gmail app, and still the same error keeps coming up, its driving me insane, and Im not ready to completely reinstall the OS just yet, was hoping anyone else found a fix to this? I will say this, I did download the "phantom" theme recently, and it may have contributed to this problem (although I dont see why it would) so i uninstalled that theme, uninstaled gmail again, then reinstalled gmail and it still gives the error, im stumped. Any ideas/suggestions are very much welcomed, and appreciate the help in advance.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Gmail Attachment problem

hi did you check the security options for the gmail app

options>advanced options>applications> menu edit permissions

roastedbagel no está en línea Stack level 1

yea just tried that, and everything is on allow, i set defaults, saved it, that didnt work either...

macabing no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank god for pinstack. I thought it was just me, for a week now i have had the same problem. i have not downloaded anything so maybe its just gmail. Please someone help us. Just to let you guys note i cant even preview pics on hotmail or yahoo. Can anyone help me there. thanks