Hey All, OK since HTML is not yet out on the MM 4.2.1.107 and I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MarkTaylor22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243AF028

GMail application on BB 8100

Advertisement

Hey All,

OK since HTML is not yet out on the MM 4.2.1.107 and I REALLY need it, but don't really want to fork over 30$ for just the viewer, I noticed Gmail has it's own BB application.

Have you guys used this before and is it great? I've heard about it, just never really used it. It sounds easy, the only thing I am concerned about is how often I am notified with new mail. On my BIS now, I am almost notified instantanous, with Gmail App is it the same you think? Or like checks it every 20 minutes? If it's every 20 minutes can it be adjusted?

And last but not least:

I saw on the app that it leaves a signature line "Sent from Gmail Mobile" Can this signature be modified? Not remove a signature all together, but modify the words to something else?

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate it!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    You can check this THREAD, I personally never have used it, I purchased Empower Pro ($30), but well worth it (IMO)

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use it, and love it! I think it polls around every half hour, maybe a little more, and that's just fine by me (you can manually poll however often you like) I find it easier and beneficial to check it when the app polls, because I get two or three emails at once and it's easier to manage. No, I know it's not "PUSH", but I find myself desiring insyant notifications a little less these days. I rreally like how GMail keeps everything up to date with the labels, stars etc. The search feature is the killer part of the app though. I have mobile access to everything I need.

deol no está en línea Stack level 2
    I personally use the GMail app on my pearl. It works great and I am notified almost instant. Then again I am not staring at it all day long

The "Sent from GMail Mobile" signature can be removed but I don't believe it can be edited at this time. Possibly a future release?

MarkTaylor22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243AF028
    Quote Originally Posted by deol View Post
    I personally use the GMail app on my pearl. It works great and I am notified almost instant. Then again I am not staring at it all day long

The "Sent from GMail Mobile" signature can be removed but I don't believe it can be edited at this time. Possibly a future release?

hopefully! we'll see! Does Gmail app display HTML emails though? I wasn't sure

deol no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkTaylor22 View Post
    hopefully! we'll see! Does Gmail app display HTML emails though? I wasn't sure
    The GMail App does display HTML Emails. It does however remove all pictures from the email. You will be able to view your emails in a nice HTML format but any attached pictures will not be present.

Once again, hopefully in a future release a few of these things will be added.

The application is free though, I would say download it and give it a shot. You can always remove it later if you don't like it.

http://www.google.com/mobile/mail/index.html
    Last edited by deol; 03-20-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Adding GMail App Link

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3
    I too prefer the GMail downloadable app over setting up a BIS account. As others have said, it's not as fast, but I like that I can check my Sent mail as well. And when you get new mail, the icon changes to show an asterisk (similar to BIS)!