my gmail app has always worked perfectly unitl today. I had to wipe my pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vortrex no está en línea Stack level 1

gmail app freezing, help!

Advertisement

my gmail app has always worked perfectly unitl today. I had to wipe my pearl because of lots of weird issues (myfaves being jumbled up, browser missing, it suddenly saying I had no data connection, etc). after the wipe I restored from backup and added my google apps back in using the browser. for some unknown reason this is what happens with the gmail app:

1. can log into gmail fresh from a battery pull, can see my messages, etc
    2. I back out to the main icon screen and I can use any other app or function of the pearl
    3. if I try to go back to gmail nothing happens and my trackball stops working
    4. the only way to get the trackball back is to exit out to the first level of the zen theme

I've tried removing gmail using the desktop manager and reinstalling, same thing. I've tried deleting it from the application list under options and reinstalling, same thing. I've removed the modules associated with gmail and reinstalled, same thing.

I really like using this app, any ideas how to fix this?

Re: gmail app freezing, help!

I even put the cingular 4.2.0.73 OS on my tmobile phone, same issue! any ideas?

on a battery pull I got an error "uncaught exception application net_rim_bb_phone_app(41) is not responding; process terminated".

nobody knows how to truly fully uninstall this app so that no info is retained? it must be remembering it somehow, the icon even shows up in the same spot on reinstall. I'm thinking if it could be totally wiped free that a reinstall might fix things.