Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem. If so I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

packet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32bofd47

Gmail

Advertisement

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem. If so I hope that you have a solution for me.

When I first got my Pearl I installed Gmail into it. Anytime that I had email it would automatically go to my gmail account on the pearl and I would get a little sound that I have new mail. I recently had some problems with my pearl so I made some changes to it. (java problem) Got that problem taken care of. But now for some reason I have to go to gmail on my pearl and refresh to get my mail.
    I have enabled all pop settings and I have search the net via. Google and Pinstack for an answer but to no prevail have found nothing.

I know that this may be trival for some but to me the little things I like. If anyone has any ideas your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
    XBOX 360---My sunscreen since 2006
    GPA Ranked top 50

karipom no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Gmail

i had the same problem (i'm assuming you are talking about the gmail app..). i wound up just getting the notifier through the reg bb mail app then checking the gmail for it... of course that was when i was getting a copy of every email i sent out in my INBOX.. i fixed that problem, and now i use the bbmail app again. i like the gmail app if i'm wanting to look back over archived stuff, check my contacts, etc, but for everyday purposes i found it was more efficient to use the bbmail...

packet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32bofd47

are you talking about the one that is "Youre name@mycingular.blackberry.net
    XBOX 360---My sunscreen since 2006
    GPA Ranked top 50

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by packet
    When I first got my Pearl I installed Gmail into it. Anytime that I had email it would automatically go to my gmail account on the pearl and I would get a little sound that I have new mail. I recently had some problems with my pearl so I made some changes to it. (java problem) Got that problem taken care of. But now for some reason I have to go to gmail on my pearl and refresh to get my mail.
    I have enabled all pop settings and I have search the net via. Google and Pinstack for an answer but to no prevail have found nothing.
    Exactly the same situation with me. On my first install of Gmail, I had a notifier of new mail (red asterisk) on the Gmail Icon, and a automatic push of the new email straight into the Gmail inbox. Then, after a re-install of the OS, and a subsequent re-install of Gmail... no more notifier, no direct push into the Gmail inbox (a refresh is required to load the Gmail inbox).

I asked this very question here on the email forum at the beginning of April, but no luck:

http ://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/24393-gmail_notification_gone_refresh_required.html#post 222376
    (take the spaces out of the begining of the link)

Now, after hearing that several people have seen this feature, and seen it disappear, I know I'm not completely crazy. I have read on one of theses BB boards, that Gmail will be offering this as a feature in upcoming releases of Gmail, a direct push into the Gmail inbox, with no refresh required.

So... does that mean that some of us who have seen this feature working, possibly have had a beta of this new Gmail feature?
    Last edited by 2-4Trippin; 04-23-2007 at 04:21 AM.

tkgeekwill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F5F200

I have never tried using the GMail app. Never had a need, it has always worked well on BIS.
    Smartphone Reviews-

Technophobia

dclawyer no está en línea Stack level 3

Now that Blackberry supports true push with Gmail, I would just enable Gmail through BIS. You'll get your messages instantly!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Just use the BB Push email---so much easier that way!

miclflores no está en línea Stack level 2

Sorry if this was previously posted, but for some reason, with the newer OS, my gmail account does not reconcile with my phone. I push gmail directly to my phone and it used to mark it as read on the gmail server when I would log on with my computer, but now when I log onto my gmail account with my computer all the e-mails are marked as unread. It used to work fine, but I think it stopped when I switched to the Cingular .71 OS and now I have 1.66 and it's still the same. Any suggestions? Thanks everybody.