Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I used to be a big Palm fan...but their OS needed a major overhaul like ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fritillaria no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Glad I lost my Treo...

Advertisement

I used to be a big Palm fan...but their OS needed a major overhaul like 5 years ago and it never happened. So when I finally decided to get an all-in-one device rather than trying to fit both cell and palm in my pocket...I went with a bb pearl rather than a Treo. I'm so glad I did! It's so much more usable and the OS works - not a patched together old beast. I'm definitely converted too!
    Glad to see someone else from oregon in the stacks!

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

pdxberry I am a former Treo user as well. I'm glad I moved to a Berry..mine would crash all the time and the Bluetooth sucks as well.. I now have a $300.00 alarm clock since the treo is on the nightstand. I hope you enjoy your new RELIABLE device.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

sarakanne no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I can sympathize with you. I am on my 3rd Treo (all replacements for my original one) because they crashed, hummed during phone calls, etc. etc. The 3rd replacement turns itself off whenever it gets lightly tapped -- this is quite annoying. So, I am ready to jump ship and get my first Blackberry. I am looking at the 8820. Is it available yet? How much? And which carriers will provide service?

Thanks,

Sara

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

I had a treo 650 with Earthlink, dont get me wrong they were trying to do as much as they could to help me out, to make ti short and swgueettt!!! one day i stoped receiving calls , they were all going to my voicemail, i called the tech support ( up in dont know where ) India i beleive, they did a reset of my dev, nothign, then they sent me a replacement, , the first replacement dint hold calls ( it would drop them in 10 sec or so ) , then the 2nd replacment came in, calls would come in, but internet was not working property, i was getting anoyed , then the third one came in, and it did work fine, but by the time i finished all the replacements, boy i ended up with a 1800$ bill WTF, i called them , they reviewed my information , and removed the charges, the next month I got a call from them telling me that if I dont pay them they will cx my service, Explained the situation, gave them all the tracking # of the replacements given and sent back to them, It took like 4-5 months to finally have them figure out what happedned, that I decided to move on with my life and not deal with them anymore, I got a blackberry instead and I am happy with the dev, so happy that I am waiting for the 8320 to comeout and i will get it ..

Welcome to the Pinstack!!!

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

i have a red pearl with att and i love it

kelcha1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Natox
    I had a treo 650 with Earthlink, dont get me wrong they were trying to do as much as they could to help me out, to make ti short and swgueettt!!! one day i stoped receiving calls , they were all going to my voicemail, i called the tech support ( up in dont know where ) India i beleive, they did a reset of my dev, nothign, then they sent me a replacement, , the first replacement dint hold calls ( it would drop them in 10 sec or so ) , then the 2nd replacment came in, calls would come in, but internet was not working property, i was getting anoyed , then the third one came in, and it did work fine, but by the time i finished all the replacements, boy i ended up with a 1800$ bill WTF, i called them , they reviewed my information , and removed the charges, the next month I got a call from them telling me that if I dont pay them they will cx my service, Explained the situation, gave them all the tracking # of the replacements given and sent back to them, It took like 4-5 months to finally have them figure out what happedned, that I decided to move on with my life and not deal with them anymore, I got a blackberry instead and I am happy with the dev, so happy that I am waiting for the 8320 to comeout and i will get it ..

Welcome to the Pinstack!!!
    what is the 8320? What company is it with?

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

Nice story. Welcome to stacks. I love my pearl too. I didn't review it either, it's the 1st mobile i've bought that I didn't read a review on prior to its purchase.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

I had a treo before I upgraded to the 8700g. The treo doesn't even come close to Blackberry.

BIGT456 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D4B32

I am stuck!

I have a Treo 700w through verizon that I primarily use as my main phone.

I also have a Pearl through tmobile that I use mainly for email and music.

Needless to say, Blackberrys are so reliable its not even funny... Treo always crashes but I know I will miss my touch screen!!! I'm under contract with both services for another year or so but I am debating to sell one of the phones to terminate my contract and stick with just a blackberry on the provider I decide to keep.

pdxberry no está en línea Stack level 1

I really thought I'd miss the touchscreen on my 700p. But honestly, after a day of using the Pearl, it hasn't crossed my mind since.

BIGT456 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D4B32

Quote Originally Posted by pdxberry
    I really thought I'd miss the touchscreen on my 700p. But honestly, after a day of using the Pearl, it hasn't crossed my mind since.
    I definitely hear you on that, the pearl is a breeze to use.

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry all they way!

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

welcome to the Party!!

CindayMinus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by pdxberry
    pdxBerry
    PDX, eh?
    Fellow Portlander. Eh, well I'm pretty much in Portland. Vancouver, actually, but eh haha.

Welcome to stacks.
    I'm quite the newbie and I didn't know much about the pearl either.
    I just knew I wanted one and so I searched on craigslist and bought one from someone else in Portland.
    Glad to see other Portlanders (or the SW Washington and NW Oregon area if you prefer) with blackberry pearls.
    I love mine. Never had a treo. I've never had a PDA before. It's awesome though.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12