Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey Folks, I've been lurking here for a few weeks now. About three weeks ago ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pdxberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Glad I lost my Treo...

Advertisement

Hey Folks,
    I've been lurking here for a few weeks now. About three weeks ago I somehow lost my Treo. After heading over to the Sprint store to see about a replacement, I was reminded about just how much I disliked that thing. So I sucked up the $200 early termination fee, walked down to T-Mobile, and got myself a Pearl -- without having done ANY research on it. That's very unlike me. Usually I don't buy anything without reading each and every review on Amazon and elsewhere. But when I saw the little white Pearl on the counter, it looked perfect.

Anyway. It's been a few weeks now and I can't even tell you how much nicer a device the Pearl is compared to the Treo. Yeah, I really liked the little keyboard, but SureType is really slick and I'm totally used to it now. I think I can type faster with it than I did on my Treo, oddly enough.

For those who haven't had the pleasure of owning a Treo (I had the 700p), you don't know how good we have it. The Treo crashed at least once a day -- sometimes five times a day. Using its bluetooth for even the simplest tasks like connecting to a headset was nearly impossible, and when it was possible, it was wholely unreliable. It was slow, clunky, heavy and big. And Palm's support of the product was stunningly bad. They released an OS upgrade about a month ago that bricked most of the Treos it got installed on.

I guess this post was a tad pointless, but I like to introduce myself when I join a new community like this. So, hi.

pdxBerry

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Glad I lost my Treo...

Welcome to the Nation! All of us are glad you lost that treo too

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Welcome to pinstacks. I own a tmobile pearl myself. The black one though.

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

glad you meet you and welcome feel free to add me i love my pearl and i have only have mine about 2 months

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3

I am happy l lost my other phone too. Opera browser and BB has made my life so much better because I can keep up with the news.
    Glad you are happy to be with us

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

The Choir you just preached to welcomes you to the Flock.

fjl1977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0A975

Sounds good pdxberry. Glad to have you on board. Quick question for you, are you by any chance in Portland, OR?

pdxberry no está en línea Stack level 1

I certainly am. In fact I'm sitting in a Mcmenamins having dinner.
    Last edited by pdxberry; 07-13-2007 at 12:48 AM.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I'm still pretty much a newbie myself - but welcome... But I'll warn you - this site is seriously addictive!! Almost as bad as the Pearl itself.

micherooo no está en línea Stack level 3

Getting a BB for the first time is like looking at your BB and thinking, "Where have you been all my life?"

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

I am one of those who moved from a Treo to the Pearl. I started off with the 650....had it for a year and then moved to the 750 when it came out. I did like the 750 a lot though it had all the probles a Windows based system has. But I fell in love with the Pearl and I now have not just one but two of them. I think its the best cell phone I have ever owned!!!!

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I sold the last Treo I had on ebay about 2 weeks ago, I was keeping it around so I had a smartphone in case my BB took a dump on me and also praying that my wife would eventually move from a regular cell to it but it doesn't matter what I say or do, she refuses to leave a regular cell since she never uses e-mail or txt messaging.

I'll get her on a BB soon enough, I'm sure as soon as she see's a pink one then that might start pushing her in the right direction.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ The closest to pink you will get is the red Pearl from AT&T.

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Well since we're stuck on VZW due to the family plan that we have and the expensive cost of getting out of it to goto another carrier, she can get a cover for it in pink. She's REAL good at putting designs on phones with beads, crystal's, etc to personalize them.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

freedomrose no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240B1762

From a former Treo user to another...Welcome to our bb world...you"ll love it!
    feel free to pin me anytime if you have any questions on the bb...pin is below
    BB's ROCK
    Always looking for pin buddies so feel free to pin me..
    pin: 240B1762
    I go by "Geekness" or something like that on the BB messenger...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast