Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am LOVING the Pearl/SureType. I used only 2 full keyboard devices (950 and 7730). ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: getting tired of the pearl

Advertisement

I am LOVING the Pearl/SureType. I used only 2 full keyboard devices (950 and 7730). Once I switched to the 7100 series and learned SureType (I had previously had experience with T9 on regular phones), typing messages has been a breeze. I still proofread my emails because of the importance of correct spelling. I don't care about text or PIN messages LOL

I have seen this tip when learning to type on a SureType BB (7100 or 8100 series), and I promise you this works: DO NOT focus on the screen when typing your first message. When you are finished, go back and proofread it and learn the layout. Once you do this, typing on a SureType BB is a breeze. Took me one day to learn my first 7100t 3 years ago.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

I love my pearl!!!!! I would not trade it in for nothing!!!!!!!!

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Aye, don't check the message as you type it like Erica said. Best advice ever

RyanM no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c3f46f

im coming from about a million treos over the years with a full qwerty keyboard. i shut off sure type and went old school typing each letter. works for me.. not for most.

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ not a big sure type fan I just use a combo of multitap and auto text... Works great and super fast for me. In fact I doubt full qwerty will make me faster. The only isstue for me is the fact that they keys are so small but that's the cost of having such a small and light device. I love it to bits!

torgerson no está en línea Stack level 2

I think once most people get used to the suretype, they like it. I guess it really depends on how often you type. Most of my emails and text messages are smaller, so it does not kill me.

engz no está en línea Stack level 2

Since we're talking about suretype. I would like to know if there is a way for suretype to not learn the words from websites and words from other people through instant messaging and emails and only learn the words I/YOU type out. I have looked in my custom word list and it listed a bunch of words I did not type out and it would really save me time of deleting them if suretype only learned the words I type out.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by engz
    Since we're talking about suretype. I would like to know if there is a way for suretype to not learn the words from websites and words from other people through instant messaging and emails and only learn the words I/YOU type out. I have looked in my custom word list and it listed a bunch of words I did not type out and it would really save me time of deleting them if suretype only learned the words I type out.
    I do not believe there is a way to do that.

I also find it very annoying mine seems to save words from everywhere the web, and alot from emails.

twieder no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E83629

Quote Originally Posted by engz
    Go to OPTIONS | LANGUAGE | INPUT OPTIONS
    You can turn off many automatic word leanring features.

-tw

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks Never payed much attention the language setting

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

It will stop learning from you too thought.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

But you can control what it learns from the the Options/Languages/Input Options, specificly turning off Learn From Messages.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    But you can control what it learns from the the Options/Languages/Input Options, specificly turning off Learn From Messages.
    I turned off that preference on mine.

Just another example of the choices, flexibility and superior design of the BlackBerry OS, you gotta love it.....

Cheers...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12