Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You old BB users, have you been getting used to suretype? Am I just stubborn ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

getting tired of the pearl

Advertisement

You old BB users, have you been getting used to suretype? Am I just stubborn and hating This keyboard? My fingers hurt after typing a decent sized message, and I get garbled garbage and I can't type as fast or accurately as I could on the 7290. This thing feels flimsy and it gets stuck in its thoughts all the time and doesn't run smoothly. And I hate when suretype gives me a different real word than the one I want.

Am I the only one?

bobhammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2171D09A

Re: getting tired of the pearl

I used to have a 8700, frankly speaking....it really kills me at the first 15mins with my pearl...after I get used to the layout of the keypad.....i can type as fast as with the 8700!!! and with the suretypes gives you a different word than the one u want...you can try to customize the word you want in the custom wordlist....!! and you will need to clean up your custom word list sometimes...as there might be some useless words.!!! hope you can eventually work out wif your pearl...!!!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I love my pearl as much as suretype feature!!! I dont think I'll ever get tired of my pearl

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I am in the same boat. The MAIN thing I love right now is the scroll ball. I can now use my BB left handed! I am considering going back to a 8700 tho. Still on the fence.

Suretype in BBM makes me

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

I love the pearl and can't really compare the two keyboard layouts (QWERTY and Suretype) because I haven't ever used the QWERTY one. I love the pearl's keyboard so far because it is so much faster than a regular cell phone. I can also type really fast on it because I have gotten very accustomed to the layout.

Hopefully your anger releases and you love the pearl again like it is your own child, LOL.

COJO 24

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you are right, sure type can really bug. That is the sacrifice you make for the small form factor - simple as that. I had a 7230 and now have a 7130 so I lived extensively in both worlds. I like the smaller phones (suretype) for the phone and size. The larger phones are for those who must author on the move extensively.

That is the trade off.

B

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

It is a tradeoff, but i am hoping that the 8800 will be the best of both worlds.

deucedst no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241F2230

well I love the pearl too but I'm getting tried of the suretype keyboard.
    I had the 8700g right before I bought the pearl.. ...I also miss the larger screen....But I plan to wait the the BB with the full keyboard, camera and wifi.....
    Deucedst

Team Arli$$ no está en línea Stack level 3

haters drinking their haterade
    wat it do?
    PIN me: 23DE56E4
    Do you believe in Da Lep Ra Con?

cobra2525200 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E636EB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I love my Pearl more then life itself, and I love my life! .........I just typed this message, including this part in 20 seconds......suretype is a breeze......later haters!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by dwagman
    You old BB users, have you been getting used to suretype? Am I just stubborn and hating This keyboard? My fingers hurt after typing a decent sized message, and I get garbled garbage and I can't type as fast or accurately as I could on the 7290. This thing feels flimsy and it gets stuck in its thoughts all the time and doesn't run smoothly. And I hate when suretype gives me a different real word than the one I want.

Am I the only one?

No, you are most certainly not the only one. I came from qwerty keyboards to the BlackBerry 7130c with SureType, and I also bought an 8700c so I could try them both and see which worked for me.

In the beginning I really hated SureType, then I reframed how I looked at it and decided that it was a new technology that warranted my full attention to learn.

Then if I did'n like it, I would let it go, but at least I would learn it.
    That's all it took for me, once I deliberately went slowly and carefully to learn not only the different keyboard layout and key location that is unique to 5 keys across instead of 10 like qwerty or 3 like a reg cell phone, I had a great experience. Then I set out to take advantage of the custom word list and the auto-text word list, and suddenly it became even faster, and more fun as I could setup auto-text just like autocomplete in word. For example I type bb and it inserts the word BlackBerry. I have a lot of custom and auto -text entries setup now and it's blazing fast.

For me the perfect solution for quick data entry, as I process 80-100 emails per day. Not all on my BlackBerry but quite a large number. Just like this rather lenthy message, it's something I can do on the 7130c with ease.

The only reason I sold my pearl is I do spend a lot of time at the keyboard and the 7130 has the best off all BB keyboards presently. Larger keys, and more well spaced than on the 8700, I can type the fastest and most accurate on this phone.

I am very glad I took the time to learn SureType!

Cheers...

Kyosti no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23eb2f2e

I am a blackberry noob as the pearl is the first blackberry I have ever had. I have always been a Nokia or Motorola guy. The pearl is the first blackberry that has the size that I like!! The keyboard is definatly different because there is more buttons on it, but I think the peark is awesome!!! If this is what I have been missing, I have been in the dark ages!!

Now with that said as long as I can have a blackberry the size of the pearl I wont need or want to go back to a regular phone again. If the phone is too wide or big then I cant deal with it.

wwilson no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the 7230 with full keyboard. I now have the Pearl and I love it. The key is not to worry about the suretype, don't even look at the screen. Just type as you normally would, dont type slang, and it works just as good as a full keyboard.

strangr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2052abf9

for me it was somethign to get used to, i've been on phones for so long, my fingers just think they know where the letters are as i am used to 3 or 4 letters per number.

After getting used to the layout of the keys i have found that the workings of the pearl are great, and i will never switch from suretype again. I think it is a great setup.
    Woot! Pin.Me 2052abf9

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Love it or hate it but at least try to learn it. suretype = smaller BB but if you don't mind larger one and want that qwerty keyboard..be my guest! To each their own. I love my BB pearl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast