My mom has a pearl and is getting very frustrated with it because she is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Getting the same email every 3 minutes

Advertisement

My mom has a pearl and is getting very frustrated with it because she is getting the same email every 3 mintues. We know it is a problem with the pearl because she only got the email once on the computer. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
    Got pearl

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Getting the same email every 3 minutes

As far as fix I'm not too sure. but this just happened to me about 9 hours ago but not in email form. It came as a text message. i got one every 3 to 4 minutes for about 30 min. I thought this person had a problem till I noticed it was the same message over and over again. lol.........good ol batt pull took care of it. Sorry dont have an answer but i wanted to share!

And welcome back haven't seen ya in a while!

haha yeah I will try a battery pull after she gets off the phone. Jeez how could I forget about the trust ol' battery pull.

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

Happened to me the other day... same email over and over... took me over 10 minutes to finally decide to try a battery pull... lol.

Worked like a charm.
    **TASH*

“Establishing lasting peace is the work of education; all politics can do is keep us out of war.”
    Maria Montessori <----- A very smart lady.

I pulled the battery for her and she still gets the same email over and over again. This has been going on for days!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

maybe remove the email address and re-add?

I will try that and see how it goes reddog.

only26dude no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Re you using Gmail ? then u should get that as a sent mail,

by the way from which server your MOm is getting those mails again ?

Mike Stem no está en línea Stack level 2

Man, I was glad to see somebody else suffering from this! I thought it was me... it happens about once every two weeks or so, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern. Te e-mail message correctly shows up only once in my "real" InBox with my ISP, but it will contiously download every three minutes to my Pearl. The last time it happened, I was in a drawn-out boring meeting, and when I got back to my desk there were 72 copies of the message on my Pearl. EXACTLY every three minutes apart. The only way I could get it to stop was log-in to my ISP mailbox via Webmail and delete the message.

Sounds like others are seeing the same thing? The next time it happens I will do a quick battery-pull and see what happens... sound to me like maybe an issue with the BlackBerry mail forwarder though? I was going to complain to my local ISP but I don't think they are going to have a clue since it is so random...

Mike

Volstar no está en línea Stack level 1

The same thing has been happening to me sporadically for the last 10 days. I have had my 8130 for about a month and this just started. This problem is being reported on other message boards as well.
    Almost everyone who is reporting this repeated email blast problem also reports that the email is coming from a Charter email address. Does this happen to be true with posters in this thread?

I fix the problem by immediately deleting the email from the handheld and Mailbox. This is very annoying. anybody have a probable solution without calling Charter. thats assuming it is a Charter issue.

No, I don't think Charter is an issue in my case, as I am not familiar with them. Several of mine come from FUSE accounts (Cincinnati Bell ISP) and my most recent incident this past Friday was from a rep at DELL computer. At least in my case there does not seem to be a pattern, just occasionally a message gets "stuck" and just keeps coming down to my Pearl. One common issue however does seem to be the exactly three (3) minutes apart though. This is weird!

Volstar no está en línea Stack level 1

Mine are all exactly 3 minutes apart as well.

Sean_sd no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301B99C2

Question 180 a day

"used to carry data between BB & assosiated server - Do not delete" is the message i have been getting around 180/day. I am just going to try a batt pull, and ill let everyone know how it worked. It seems like there is a little more too this though

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: 180 a day

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_sd View Post
    "used to carry data between BB & assosiated server - Do not delete" is the message i have been getting around 180/day. I am just going to try a batt pull, and ill let everyone know how it worked. It seems like there is a little more too this though
    This happens when you have the DM loaded on the PC set up for the BB enterprise server set up without the BES. To fix go into options, advanced options, service book, and delete the desktop service book. Then on the PC either uninstall and reinstall the DM or go into the control panel and modify the DM and make sure you select blackberry internet service during the set up. Hope it helps.

Well, here is my update. I just spent about an hour on the phone with my carrier. I ended up being transferred to three different people, each time working my way up the food chain. I had to tell the same,long story each time. Sigh... No resolution, they had me delete and re-send Service Books, etc. No joy. The reason I broke down and called them now is that another message is "stuck" as we speak, it is up to 36 copies and counting, every three minutes.

I did try to tell them that this is being reported by others but they didn't seem too interested; they just thanked me "... for calling Cincinnati Bell and Have a Nice day..." Sigh...