Im suddenly getting dozens of spam related emails to my uscellulary blackberrry email address. IM ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

Getting Spam in Blackberry Email Account. What to do?

Advertisement

Im suddenly getting dozens of spam related emails to my uscellulary blackberrry email address. IM finding this really irritating. Especially when Im teeing off on the golf course
    What is my best strategy to avoid/minimize this issue? Besides muting the bb
    Thanks

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Only way for the time being, while you take the walk to your ball after teeing off, is to hit options-security options-firewall-enable-check bb internet service and check "except from contacts" or "specific addresses". Have a great round of golf. I am a club golfer.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Stop using that account, and get a free Yahoo! Mail or Gmail account and use that. They both have excellent Spam filters.

I have a Yahoo! Mail Plus! account ($25/year) and I get my email instantaneously! Don't know if the same holds true for free accounts.
    JerryD

andreybutov no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can also download Antair Spam Filter onto your BlackBerry.

Instant installation from your BlackBerry via www.antair.com/ota or from your desktop via www.antair.com
    Antair BlackBerry Software
    A spam filter for a cleaner inbox, a call screener to block calls, and more great BlackBerry tools.
    www.antair.com

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    I have a free gmail account and it works great.I get my email instantly too,or so it seems to me.I also found out just how great the spam protection lately,when I checked a saw over 2100 spam emails blocked that I had no idea existed and it deletes them for me once a month.I am relieved big time I'm not getting that load of spam delivered.lol that would suck.

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bill16 View Post
    I have a free gmail account and it works great.I get my email instantly too,or so it seems to me.I also found out just how great the spam protection lately,when I checked a saw over 2100 spam emails blocked that I had no idea existed and it deletes them for me once a month.I am relieved big time I'm not getting that load of spam delivered.lol that would suck.
    Can anybody explain how to set up a tmo.blackberry.net email address with the Gmail spam filter? I've been trying this and can't seem to figure out how. PIN me, BBM me (best way of getting in contact with me) or reply here. Thanks in advance for any help.