I have a Pearl and I was playing with it the other night and loading ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tahikib no está en línea Stack level 1

Getting Slower?

Advertisement

I have a Pearl and I was playing with it the other night and loading and unloaded all kinds of software. Now it takes about a minute for worms to load. And Texas Hold'em take about 30 sec. Why? How can that be fix with out doing a hard restart.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Getting Slower?

make sure that you don't have apps open and running. your best bet is a hard restart though, as some programs do require it to be fully deleted from the phone.

Thank You!

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

When I first got my Pearl, I didn't realize that by pressing the red End Call key and going back to the home screan, I was actually leaving other applications open.

To check what you have open, while holding down the "ALT" key, press the escape key (the one to the left of the end call key). As long as you hold down the "ALT" key, you'll have a menu open to scroll through the currently running applications. It work very much like the Windows ALT+TAB that people are familiar with.

If you've got too many applications open, things do tend to slow down a lot.

Let us know if these ideas help!

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

You can also hit "ALT" and then the "L" key then the "G" then "L" "G" again and it should bring up your logs and just clear them and it makes your phone go MUCH faster.

** Hold ALT the whole time you are pressing L G L G.

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    You can also hit "ALT" and then the "L" key then the "G" then "L" "G" again and it should bring up your logs and just clear them and it makes your phone go MUCH faster.

** Hold ALT the whole time you are pressing L G L G.
    Thank you. This helped a lot! I did that and a soft reset if it goes now.