i have a pearl (purchased by my employer)... I cannot "buy" ringtones online due to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

papageren no está en línea Stack level 1

getting ringtones

Advertisement

i have a pearl (purchased by my employer)... I cannot "buy" ringtones online due to restrictions (again, by my employer). I have several ringtones on my motorola RAZR that i would like to transfer...but apparently the tones need to be in a different format (that's what i've heard).

how can i put some new tones on my pearl? i don't mind buying them from a third party website, but i still need the means to put them into the pearl.

BTW...'m not too computer savvy!!!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: getting ringtones

Also see: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._websites.html

surf to any one of those web site with your Pearl browser and download them direct to the phone.
    If that does not work download them to you pc and transfer them over to your phone using the desktop manager if your company policy does not restrict that method also.

i'm not permitted to do anything that would cause an extra cost to the company. so, i can't "purchase" anything that's connected to this phone number.

I hav NO problem buying...but it has to be an outside method.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

There is no purchase required they are all free.
    Are you trying to say you can access the internet from the phone?

NOID no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2423EC62

www.phonezoo.com completely free you have to put in your email address to your phone but after 100+ ringtones the only thing I have received ffrom them is my ringtones.

i'm trying to get tones like "halloween, the theme song" (from the movie), and others that i currently have on my RAZR.

can i dump them onto my computer (via usb), and then transfer them to my pearl????

NOID no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2423EC62

Quote Originally Posted by papageren View Post
    i'm trying to get tones like "halloween, the theme song" (from the movie), and others that i currently have on my RAZR.

can i dump them onto my computer (via usb), and then transfer them to my pearl????

Or just go to phone zoo at dl it to your phone or just put your sim card back in your old phone and send them to yourself.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Phone zoo is listed in the above link of different ringtone sites. Check here from your BB for FREE ringtones, no costs at all.
    Also see: List Of Free Ringtone Websites

surf to any one of those web site with your Pearl browser and download them direct to the phone.
    If that does not work download them to you pc and transfer them over to your phone using the desktop manager if your company policy does not restrict that method also.

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3

You can also make your own using mp3. Go to Yahoo or Google and search for a shareware called Goldwave. I usually crop mine down to 30 seconds and use bluetooth or USB to transfer to my 8800.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

pinstack is a great place for ringtones. if they don't have it, ask, and they can probably make it. and as cp6169 says, they are absolutely positively free. Try searching for the ringtone you're looking for or go to:

Ongoing List of FREE Ringtones...