Hi everyone, I'm having a dilemma here. Lately I've been getting SOS at work, no ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Getting No Reception - SOS

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I'm having a dilemma here. Lately I've been getting SOS at work, no reception. It's very annoying and inconvenient. I've called Tmo and they say that there is signal in the area. This only occurs when I'm indoors. It just stared though, which is strange. Two other people have ATT and they are the only one that gets reception. Does anyone know of a good reception booster I could invest in?

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    I've never had much luck with those- the results aren't impressive (1 bar gain maybe?). Maybe someone else has had a different experience.

It isn't too strange though; I've been places where only t-mobile people get service inside or att only or sprint only. It just depends on the strength in your area v.s. the structure you are in. Tmobile can only tell half of this equation.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Is there a Wifi Network at your work? Can't you hop on that and get UMA? That would be your best bet. Don't get one of those boosters, they are just a waste of time and money.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    You're probably in an area with limited tower coverage by TMo, there may not be much you can do about it. I've had that with ATT but only in very limited areas.

dclawyer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Echoing reddog187, UMA is your friend. See if your work has WiFi that your phone could connect to.

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Yes wifi is available, but secured. Tmo said that its 5 bars in my area, I guess im just out of luck then. This is a recent problem, never occured before. And the thing is when I go in a different room I get reception, I dont know what change but I guess its the room im located in. I also tried two different phones, same problem

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

T-Mobile's coverage map is a guide, not an exact science. It's possible that your office building is made out of materials that block the signal in your room. There's not much you can do if wifi is not an option.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Same thoughts as dclawyer....could judt be something in your room or a room above you that's interfereing

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Ok thanks all for the suggestions

Also, cell phone signals tend to get weaker in the spring/summer, due to increased leaves on trees. (the moisture content of leaves reduces the power of the cellular signals.) This could explain why you've had more of a problem lately.

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    Quote Originally Posted by dclawyer View Post
    Also, cell phone signals tend to get weaker in the spring/summer, due to increased leaves on trees. (the moisture content of leaves reduces the power of the cellular signals.) This could explain why you've had more of a problem lately.

I never knew/ thought about that. Interesting.