first off, i apologize. i know i've seen this asked (and probably answered) multiple times, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

getting cc'd on my own e-mails

Advertisement

first off, i apologize. i know i've seen this asked (and probably answered) multiple times, but i couldn't figure any good search criteria for finding these.

second off, please read this. i think (think!) my situation may be different. so, here's the sitch:

i just yesterday re-did my pop3 account, on account of just getting spammed like a mofo. i first logged into my tmo account and killed my sbc pop account (the one getting spammed). i then went to my gmail account, added my sbc account there, and enabled pop access. i then went back to tmo and added my gmail account.

i now get my gmail and sbc mail via bis and no more spam. woo hoo!! but...

if i log into gmail and send via my sbc account, that mail also gets sent to my device. i can't be sure of the 'to' address (gmail or sbc), as it doesn't show on my device, and it's not really getting sent to either mailbox as it doesn't show in gmail or outlook.

i've checked all my settings on my pearl and tmo and gmail, and i just don't see where this is initiating. i know, i know...it's very simple. well, so am i!

tia!
    2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2.
    - Grabel's Law

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: getting cc'd on my own e-mails

Gmail sends you a copy of all your sent mail by default. You have to use a filter on your bis account to filter yourself out of all email coming into your bb from your gmail account.

Zo

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

You can log in to your BIS and setup a filter that will stop emails from your Gmail address from forwarding to your BB.

i.e.
    filter FROM me@gmail.com
    check "Do not forward"
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

no wonder i couldn't find a setting for that. there ain't one! thx, guys.
    2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2.
    - Grabel's Law