OK, I may be the dumbest pearl user out there, but I have been trying ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Noodle74 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Getting an error when trying to download application

Advertisement

OK, I may be the dumbest pearl user out there, but I have been trying to install a shopping list program on my pearl, for quite a few months now, and I always get an error. The error I am getting now is that it can't be installed because it is missing:

net.rim.blackberry.api

It seems I have heard this before, but I can't for the life of me remember what exactly it is. Am I going to be able to use my program? Thanks for your help!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Getting an error when trying to download application

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle74 View Post
    OK, I may be the dumbest pearl user out there, but I have been trying to install a shopping list program on my pearl, for quite a few months now, and I always get an error. The error I am getting now is that it can't be installed because it is missing:

net.rim.blackberry.api

It seems I have heard this before, but I can't for the life of me remember what exactly it is. Am I going to be able to use my program? Thanks for your help!
    Reloading the OS should take care of the issue for you. This thread should help if you have not done it before. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Reloading the OS should take care of the issue for you. This thread should help if you have not done it before. Hope it helps.

I don't have Blackberry OTA, does that matter?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

nope you do the install of the OS by computer using Desktop Manager. just follow that link above, let us know if you get stuck
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

I don't have Blackberry OTA, does that matter?
    Are you speaking of the BB internet? If so it will not make a difference unless the app you are trying to load is an OTA download and you are trying to load from a pc. What you need to do is reload the OS from the PC using the USB cable and the desktop manager.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    nope you do the install of the OS by computer using Desktop Manager. just follow that link above, let us know if you get stuck

OK, so I got the update downloaded, but I am stuck on this step..

.) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.

I can't find the "vendor.xml file, I even did a search on my hard drive. And I haven't dealt with anything that says OS yet. I feel so stupid!

OK, so I got the update downloaded, but I am stuck on this step..

.) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.

I can't find the "vendor.xml file, I even did a search on my hard drive. And I haven't dealt with anything that says OS yet. I feel so stupid!
    How you doing on this Noodle? Everything going OK? You may not have the vendor file, depending on which OS and where you get it, and whether or not you had/ uninstalled the previous OS on your PC. If you do not have it skip the deletion. Let us know how it goes for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    How you doing on this Noodle? Everything going OK? You may not have the vendor file, depending on which OS and where you get it, and whether or not you had/ uninstalled the previous OS on your PC. If you do not have it skip the deletion. Let us know how it goes for you.

You are the best! That is exactly what I needed to do. I gave up on it yesterday because it was doing nothing but making me mad. But I ignored the deletion part of it, and it updated perfectly. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Glad you are up and running.