Hey everyone. Long story short, the wife and I are buying a house in an ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Getting an 8130

Advertisement

Hey everyone. Long story short, the wife and I are buying a house in an area of Michigan that isn't covered by T-Mobile. So we switched to Verizon and I have an 8130 on the way for me. With my corporate discount We got 3 phones for a great deal and great monthly rate, though the $45 BES per month kinda feels like getting bent over. Is this the Pearl 2? I noticed in the picures online that the camera now sits horizontal across the back. Anyone have feelings either way on the handset? Would greatly appreciate any input good or bad. It's goona take some getting used to not having a qwerty to fat-finger.
    Andy

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Getting an 8130

I think you will be happy with the 8130, which yes, is the Pearl 2. We have several in our office and although I don't use one, the people that do love them. It seems to be a very durable handset and has a great feel to it. It doesn't feel cheap. I'm not sure about the way the camera sits off hand, but it does produce decent pics. The really like the size, but the reason I don't have one is because of the keyboard. I hope you enjoy it.

BusyME no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C7A695

My husband & I just got pearl 8130 BBs back before Christmas, and they're WONDERFUL. He wears a size 14 ring on his ring finger, and he has NO problem using the pearl's keyboard.

I think you'll love it!

Thanks Moto and BusyME! I am aprehensize abouth the Pearl. I'm used to my lunky 8700 with the 2 pound Seidio battery hooked to it.
    Andy

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

You will love the change. I love my Pearl (although I had to replace the thing 2x and I'm on my 3rd one).

When learning to type, don't pay too much attention to finding the correct keys, if you're using SureType, since the BB will learn the words you use daily. You will have to go into your Custom Wordlist and delete words and phrases you don't want there. This just helps the system to learn what you do want to say.

Check out this tutorial. Go to http://www.discoverblackberry.com/su...y101/bb101.jsp and scroll down to the Verizon 8130. Also when you get the device, go to mobile.blackberry.com via BB browser and download the game Trooper Typing. I still play this game a year after switching over to the Pearl from the 7100 series.

If you're looking for extended batteries, check this one out. You don't have to get a bigger battery door for it (I'm praying this will work when I get my 8120 LOL)

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=971

Thanks Erica! I got the 8130 last night and sat and played with it till my wife made me put it down. I really like it. Just the OS changes alone are awesome! I think I am getting used to the suretype. It's much better than it used to be when the first pearl came out. Gotta say I am impressed with it overall. (golf clap)
    Andy

matt72 no está en línea Stack level 1

To make things short and sweet..the 8130 pearl is the best blackberry on the market! But that's my comment..enjoy the pearl my friend.

penguin1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    request

The more you play with the 8130 the more you're going to like it. There's so much that you can do with it, it's sick! Love mine and very happy Verizon stepped up to the plate.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm happy to have helped. Now all I gotta do is wait for TMo to release the 8120 or 91xx.

Thanks Guys! I am very happy with both my 8130 and Verizon. What kind of available memory do you guys have?
    Andy

jlphotog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Speaking of memory, you gotta watch it closely on the Pearl. My carrier tells me RIM has acknowledged a problem and are working on a fix for it. When the Pearl gets low on memory, it will automatically delete things to free up memory. It doesn't warn you about this it just goes ahead and does it. I lost all my text messages and call logs.
    If I wasn't crazy, I would go insane.