I have a Pearl/8100 with the Plantronics 655 Bluetooth headset. It is hard to tell ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MMulvey no está en línea Stack level 1

Getting a ringtone in B/Tooth Headset

Advertisement

I have a Pearl/8100 with the Plantronics 655 Bluetooth headset. It is hard to tell the difference between an incoming e-mail and a phone call.

With my old Motorola phone/headset, even when the phone was in silent/vibrate mode, the headset would beep softly in my ear for incoming calls.

I always have the Pearl on my hip and in the car with the headset on my ear, it's really hard to know if the vibration I feel is for an e-mail or an incoming call - Obviously, I'm not going to look at e-mails while driving but the while reason I have the headset is to answer calls - Is there a way to change this behavior.

FYI one complaint I have with the headset is that unlike my Motorola headset, the main button is quite stiff and hard to push with the device on my ear, secondly my ears will not hold a headset without the "stabilizer" - that device gets quite painful after a few minutes - anyone have any suggestions?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Getting a ringtone in B/Tooth Headset

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Moto H700, my personal fave!

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Moto H700, my personal fave!
    I do not know if you were looking for suggestions on an alternate headset but I would second the H700. Very comfortable for extended periods of time and stays in place (plus rings for incoming calls).

As for how to get your current headset to ring/beep for incoming calls sorry I cannot help you there. Did you check the documentation that came with your headset to see if there are button combinations you can press to enable/disable this kind of feature directly on the headset?

Bill

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I heard MOTOS aint all that great when it gets to BT. I use plantronics stuff, loving it.

lew2 no está en línea Stack level 2

I heard MOTOS aint all that great when it gets to BT

*shrug* As one who actually uses a moto H700 I say it works quite well. No complaints from the folks I talk with. Better than the Treo bluetooth headset I used to have.