I have had the Pearl for 13 months and have loved it. Now I think ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jgreg no está en línea Stack level 2

Get the 8320 Now or Wait for the 8120

Advertisement

I have had the Pearl for 13 months and have loved it. Now I think it is time to move on to either the currently available 8320 or wait for the upcoming 8120. I am leaning toward the 8320 for the larger screen but I sure have enjoyed the size of the Pearl. What are the other differences between these?

slingshotzack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FBC82E

Re: Get the 8320 Now or Wait for the 8120

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...&products=625&

there is a comparison chart for you

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I went from the pearl to curve. Size isn't that much bigger. Although if you like typing with one hand that will go with the pearl. I do like the curve much better the bigger screen is a major plus. The only reason to stay with the pearl is the form factor and if you have no issues with suretype.

The OS will be the same eventually so can really compare. It may be a quite a while before the 8120 will ever come out either.

Good luck

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you are happy with the sure type and the size of the pearl than I would just wait for the next gen pearl/komet. Also the curve may seem awkward to a lot of dedicated suretype users including myself. Infact me and my brother swapped devices for what was supposed to be a week but we decided to cut it short after 3 dayz because it just felt wrong on both ends lol

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

I've got the curve dort testing and IMHO it's a nice unit.

The Obly thing what I really hate are the small keys.

As an suggestion for RIM: Biuld the Curve with SureType. When you will have extrem awsome BB!

Just my 2ct
    Peter

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

The ability to stash the pearl easily in any pants pocket is the only reason I even have a blackberry. I find it an optimal blend of form and function--I would never consider a curve, but to each his own.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    The ability to stash the pearl easily in any pants pocket is the only reason I even have a blackberry. I find it an optimal blend of form and function--I would never consider a curve, but to each his own.
    That's what I first thought about the curve. I have side changed my mind. The curve isn't much bigger than the pearl. Still fits in the pocket nicely.

I didn't mind suretype when using the pearl but it would take me forever to type anything. The only good thing about suretype was that I could type with one hand. Other than that I don't regret moving to the curve.

slingshotzack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FBC82E

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have used both, and I like the size of the pearl so much better, while the screen size is better, you still have to deal with the size of the rest of the device. Who is your carrier btw?

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

My friend has the curve, and I have the Pearl. Personally, I like the curve more. It is just a personal thing about phones. For some reason, I like bulky phones.(lol?) The curve, my favorite out of all AT&T phones. Functionality and beauty. Ofcourse for my little teenager hands, the Pearl is perfect for typing with one hand, like reddog said. Plus, its less obvious in class when you type with one hand

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3

I am going through the exact same thing. I think the curve looks nicer and I would love qwerty but I like that I am typing with one hand right now, Guess I will wait to see how Pearl2 looks in my hand. And even though the curve is not that much bigger than the Pearl, I want it to be just as incognito in my white coat as the Pearl is.

jgreg no está en línea Stack level 2

I stopped by my local T-Mobile store this week to see if they had any info about the 8120. The manager said she really had not heard anything but just received an email stating that T-Mobile would launching new Holiday promotions during the first week of December. Hopefully the promotion will include the 8120 and $9.99 for H@H. H@H had been offered in late Sept. early Oct. for $9.99 but is now back to $19.99.