Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am wondering the same thing now myself. I have had constant ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Get rid of my pearl or not?

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am wondering the same thing now myself. I have had constant problems with 2 Pearls and the sim card door coming open causing my browser not work. However my question involves 2 possible models to swap out with.

Here are my choices: 1) go back to the 7105 which had no problems like this or 2) get the 8800. How is the sim card held in the 8800? Any ideas needed. Thanks.

Frustrated with Pearl problems.

jigxerjay no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319F0748

I suggest to try both out... find out what works best for you... good luck... blackberry for life
    "When a man playing poker with money meets a man playing poker with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I can't afford $500 right now. My only alternative is to claim the browser doesn't work (which it doesn't when the sim card door is open). I must have the worst BB luck ever. 10 devices in 4 years.

mandatoryc no está en línea Stack level 1

Sometimes my sim card comes loose when I drop my phone, but other than that it hasn't been an issue.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ It has been a constant issue for me since I began using the Pearl. I had to adjust it 5 or more times today alone. I know its loose when I can't access anything on the web.

boomer79 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23df2588

There's a pictorial that wiil show you where the pins for the gate is at that sounds like what you are experiencing. The pictorial showed me how to reconnect the gate. Since I've reconnected the gate I haven't had a problem. Hope that helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenInSTL
    doesnt the sim door snap shut? mine does...never had a problem with it since I bought it last August...(knocking on wood...)..
    This is the problem. The door is still connected to the device. It just doesn't stay shut all the time. I notice it whenever my browsers don't work. I go to do a battery pull and it's wide open. I am afraid I'm going to be somewhere and LOSE the SIM card. I didn't have this with my 7100's which I am SERIOUSLY considering going back to.

bikeboy24 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had the opportunity to use both these devices. When I first switched to the 8800, I noticed I typed a lot slower. It's probably because I'm not used to the full keyboard. The GPS is overrated. Anything you can do with the 8800, you can basically do with the 8100.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12