Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you have no patience like me and want to get the Alltel 4.5 on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

How to get Alltel Pearl 8130 4.5.0.89 from BB website.

Advertisement

If you have no patience like me and want to get the Alltel 4.5 on your Pearl. You can go to the Black Berry website and get it through the web updater.

It is still not officially official but I did it last night on my wifes 8130 and it worked great no issues as of yet. here is the link http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...b_tab_overview

It will open up your DM and check for update and if you are able to update it will ask you yes or no. Once you click yes it will go through the update process and when done you should have 4.5.0.89 . It doesnt matter what your current OS is,it updates based on your PIN. Hope this helps anyone who wants it but doesnt want to wait. Official sould be out in a few days anyway.

ObservingSarah no está en línea Stack level 1
    Updated my BB Pearl 8130 yesterday to 4.5.0.77. Had some difficulties, but finally did it.

Then I updated the Docs to go and got "spreadsheet," which took away my MMS. I wiped out my Docs to go and got my MMS back.

I just saw your post....went to the BB device software section, updated, and now I am on 4.5.0.89!!!

I again have my Docs to Go and MMS is working.

ALSO, my memory/bytes available has increased! I was at approximately 16 million, and I am now at 20 million!!!

YAY!
    Last edited by ObservingSarah; 10-26-2008 at 03:03 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Hey Randy, does doing it this way also install the new OS on your computer. When you open the DM and click Help/About BlackBerry Desktop Manager and click on the device software tab, do you see the new OS for the 8130 or the old 4.3? If you use the app loader to install something does it try to downgrade you?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

azstar,

I'm not Randy, but when I click on the "Device Software," the o/s it is showing is 4.5.0.77.

I am runninug the app.loader right now to add something that I decided I wanted. I'll let you know if it "downgrades" me or leaves me at 4.5.0.89.

Okay. Indeed it did downgrade me to 4.5.0.77, which I should've known since that is what was showing on the "Device Software" tab. I'm in the process again of updating to .89, just because I can, ya know? :-)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Sorry I didnt get back sooner had to run to work. From what I can tell it doesnt install to pc just Berry. Just got home so I will look.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yep for sure .77 lol. Actually thought about this at work since there was no option do download to pc.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ocean_view07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is this only for Alltel? I have Verizon, but I don't see how I can delete the vendor.xml file if it checks my phone right from Blackberry's site. Thanks for your help

Because this is straight from BB's site, I don't believe it's vendor specific. Since it goes through your device manager, it's installed based on your PIN.

Quote Originally Posted by ObservingSarah View Post
    azstar,

I'm not Randy, but when I click on the "Device Software," the o/s it is showing is 4.5.0.77.

I am runninug the app.loader right now to add something that I decided I wanted. I'll let you know if it "downgrades" me or leaves me at 4.5.0.89.
    Okay. Indeed it did downgrade me to 4.5.0.77, which I should've known since that is what was showing on the "Device Software" tab. I'm in the process again of updating to .89, just because I can, ya know? :-)
    OK thanks. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. I actually got the official Alltel OS downloaded to my PC during the brief window they had it posted. But being the geek that I am, I had to try this new way of upgrading

I actually uninstalled the new alltel OS, re-installed the 4.3, downgraded his BB then upgraded again via this new update feature which is new to me. Anybody know how long that's been around?

Anyway I noticed that the 4.3 stayed on the computer even though the BB had 4.5. That's a crappy way to do that since it will downgrade you unless you delete the old OS, and then when you try to add something new I assume it will give you the "no additional applications for your device were found" message(let me know). I just re-installed the official Alltel version that was still saved to my PC so he's good to go.

I was also hoping that upgrading this way would somehow solve the MMS/docs To Go upgrade issue. But it didn't. As soon as I upgraded DocsToGo the MMS could not be retrieved........*sigh*....deleting then re-installing the original DocsToGo now.........
    Twitter? My Apps List

Updated my BB Pearl 8130 yesterday to 4.5.0.77. Had some difficulties, but finally did it.

Then I updated the Docs to go and got "spreadsheet," which took away my MMS. I wiped out my Docs to go and got my MMS back.

I just saw your post....went to the BB device software section, updated, and now I am on 4.5.0.89!!!

I again have my Docs to Go and MMS is working.

ALSO, my memory/bytes available has increased! I was at approximately 16 million, and I am now at 20 million!!!

YAY!

Did you upgrade the DocsToGo and still have your MMS working? I just caught this in your post and am wondering mine refuses to cooperate!
    Twitter? My Apps List

I did not upgrade my Docs to Go this time around.

However, I did install the "Blackberry Attachment Service" application, which allows me to open PDF and Excel documents, but not edit them. That's okay with me, as long as I can open them!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just uninstalled all OS from my PC and hooked up to BB and was able to add a theme and a game. Didn't get anything as in No additional

That's good to know, thanks Randy.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

How do you uninstall the BB's OS from the PC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast