I used to work for Tmobile and have seen many customers phones that are punished ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

XzK
    XzK no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb General Care And Cleaning Of Blackberry 8100 Pearl.

Advertisement

I used to work for Tmobile and have seen many customers phones that are punished after just a few days. its truly unbelievable what some people do to their phones. EVERYONE out there has to remember that this is a Sensitive PHONE not a pen, car keys, nokia 6010, etc. You have to take care of it. Anyways my point is after about 2 years of phone sales i have created a little kit for cleaning my Blackberry 8100. it consists of: Qtips, Microfiber Cloth, and a small make up brush.(Use a soft bristled brush not hard) (If you use a hard or narrow brush you will end up jamming the particles into areas of your phone)and i keep them in a little plastic bag. Clean your phone once a month or so and you will eleiminate half the problems with the pearl.(Daily Brushes help to stop anything from building up in the numerous crevices on your phone) -Brush is used to gently brush out any dust, lint etc from keypad and around screen. Also recommend using a Bluetooth with your phone to help minimize facial oils from getting all over the phone. Also like stated earlier in another post it is important to NOT use or touch your phone with Oily, Dirty, Sticky etc hands.( REMEMBER- Brush is meant to "Brush" out the particles NOT to push them around)

Software Issues- I would recommend deleting your call logs and unwanted text messages through out the day as well as clearing the cached files on your browser.(Note: this will cause loading pages to take a little longer at next load but will help keep your memory from getting crammed with files)
    Also another tip is DO NOT use the END button to exit applications. this does not CLOSE them and will result in low memory and alot of running applications. Just simply hit your options buttons and scroll to close to completely close the applications. You can also hit the go back button located right of your trackball. im probably forgetting a few things but im sure someone will add to this post.

When it comes to your cleaning time i would also reccomend turning off your phone and taking the battery out.(Resets and closes any applications) Dont worry it wont delete any of your media, call logs, text messages etc. Thorughly clean your phone (takes like 5 min tops) and once finished put back in battery, let it load and presto your done. Hopefully this will help some people. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 03-18-2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Content Edit

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by XzK View Post
    Software Issues- I would recommend deleting your call logs and unwanted text messages through out the day as well as clearing the cached files on your browser.(Note: this will cause loading pages to take a little longer at next load but will help keep your memory from getting crammed with files)
    Also another tip is DO NOT use the END button to exit applications. this does not CLOSE them and will result in low memory and alot of running applications. Just simply hit your options buttons and scroll to close to completely close the applications. You can also hit the go back button located right of your trackball. im probably forgetting a few things but im sure someone will add to this post.

You just need to get the lastest OS from Rogers, delete the vendor.ax file. And your memory leaks are gone. 4.2.1.109 fixed this problem. Also get a memory card for your photos and other media stuff you do. THere is no reason to delete stuff off when it was only a known OS issue. After somebody pointed me to a new OS, I called 611 and talked to a CSR from T-mobile, eventually after 3 transfers, I was on the phone with a tech from RIM. He told me to upgrade my OS to the lastest os, which was 4.2.1.109...

The Call logs and sms messages that get deleted are only memory leaks, and sometimes you might actually run out of memory.

Another way to look at your memory from a pearl is by holding down ALT then push R A C E, then let go of the alt button. It will let you know what version, pin and free memory.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Make sure you don't touch the pearl with greasy/dirty fingers, it leads to a condition known as "yellow pearl." minimize the screen exposure from fingers, makeup on your face, spitting at it if you're on speakerphone, dropping it, or otherwise abusing it. Resist the urge to bust it out just to show it off, this can lead to a "fumble" which in turn can break your pearl and make you look retarded.

I hope this post will help you to keep your pearl in top shape.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Thanks for the useful tips XzK.

Mike Stem no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks! This inspired me to clean my BB Pearl right now...

Can you translate "make up brush" into guy-speak though?!

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stem View Post

Haha my lady friend uses one..... Pretty much think paint brush but much much softer!

XzK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stem View Post

LOL! Make Up Brush= Finger Printing Brush? ( Something Soft Like that?) errrr..... I cant think of another one.

Just to emphasis. These were just GENERAL Tips for maintaining that perrty pearl of yours. For more advanced care i would recommend using the search feature on this wonderful site and search for keywords IE care, clean, repair, memory etc. Or just post on here and I or some other stacker will be sure to have an answer/solution. Good Luck.

XzK
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrykku27 View Post
    Haha my lady friend uses one..... Pretty much think paint brush but much much softer!
    ROFL! "PAINT BRUSH"

XzK
    One more item i left out, though many people and companys say not to, is alcohol prep pads. i use them to clean off the screen and buttons when my BB gets really dirty however MAKE SURE YOU SQUEEZE OUT ALL EXCESS ALCOHOL PRIOR TO USING. Personally i just use a gauze pad or cottonball lightly dampened with 91% rubbing alcohol. The other main use i have for the alcohol is cleaning my Silicone Cover for my BB8100. It Works Like A Charm. Gets rid off all the grease and grime that gets absorbed by the cover. -Some might say i go over board with cleaning and its just a phone! - To That I Say Its a BLACKBERRY!

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Good tips to remember XzK, thanks!! I actually carry a microfiber eyewear cleaning cloth (2 of them actually), in the small 3 1/2"x 2 1/2" plastic that they came in, in my back pocket. Yeah, and about the oily hands, I can't help that. Every day I need lotion out of the shower. It's just something I'm gonna have to live with.....

XzK
    Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    Good tips to remember XzK, thanks!! I actually carry a microfiber eyewear cleaning cloth (2 of them actually), in the small 3 1/2"x 2 1/2" plastic that they came in, in my back pocket. Yeah, and about the oily hands, I can't help that. Every day I need lotion out of the shower. It's just something I'm gonna have to live with.....
    Glad to offer any help. And about that lotion.... LOL