So, I found a few sweet email notification sounds. The sonar sound is driving my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

Gah - I can't use MP3/WAV sounds for anything but incoming calls?

Advertisement

So, I found a few sweet email notification sounds. The sonar sound is driving my coworkers crazy.......... I get mail and instantly I hear?

B7..... you sunk my battleship.

*sigh*

I have this rocky & bullwinkle but when I go to select a file, it only goes to ring tones........ and I can't put anything but midi files in the ringtone folder.

Am I doing something wrong or?

sebboh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB2BC5

Re: Gah - I can't use MP3/WAV sounds for anything but incoming calls?

took me a little bit to figure this one out, too. you have to go to Profiles -> Advanced... then select your active profile. This should bring up a menu with all the different alert types. Select the one you want to change. Then you'll have all the options to change the sound, volume, vibration, etc. Hope this helps!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

you should be able to just cut/paste the ringtones into your ringtone folder. don't use DM, use the device as mass storage and when you plug it in, you should get a window asking what you want to do. choose open folder and after you do that, find the ringtones you downloaded to your PC, copy them and then paste them into the ringtone folder...hopefully i didn't just thoroughly confuse you.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

gbillings, let us know how it goes.

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

Well, I discovered the wav files need to be sample at specific settings (hz, bit, etc.) in order for the media player to open them. I have no idea what formats do work, but, if you re-sample your .wav file to 11,025 hz, 8 bits, mono (stereo works too but there is no change in quality of playback), the unit can play the file back no problem.

Before I got my micro SD card I tried populating the ringtones folder in device memory but the unit wouldn't play it back. However, now that I have my microSD card, I copied the downsampled file (as a mass storage device not using desktop manager), and was able to successfully select the file after browsing the media card in profiles>advanced.

FYI - The files can have extended file names but it's better if you keep the names short - think 8.3 naming convention. When selecting files, the number of file names are truncated to about 11 characters - now, if you highlight a file the full file name will pop-up but I keep my names short so, I don't know how it will handle really long file names.

Sweet!